Ď13 900 to newer 570 Mid?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Ď13 900 to newer 570 Mid? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Hey guys, Iím kicking around the idea of selling or trading my 2013 900 and dropping down to a newer 570 Midsize. Am I crazy? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimh406

Thread: Ď13 900 to newer 570 Mid?

Member #

Hey guys, Iím kicking around the idea of selling or trading my 2013 900 and dropping down to a newer 570 Midsize. Am I crazy?

Hereís the story, I bought my 900 used with lots of extras, but it had seen some use. It currently has 5100 miles. Has glass tilt-out front windshield, sliding rear glass, roof, aftermarket hard doors, EMP bumper, rear bumper, 2Ē a-arms, aftermarket wheels and tires, and winch. Sounds good on paper. Shortly after buying, it developed an oil leak in the rear end thatís coming from the vent tube. I canít seem to get it to stop. The muffler is rusted out inside and has a terrible metallic vibration sound when you get in the throttle and new factory mufflers are not cheap. And recently my wife rolled it on its side which chewed up the side plastics and broke the door hinges. The doors and hinges were aftermarket from a company that is out of business now, so no replacement hinges are possible and the Polaris hinges are not the same fit. So now Iím out a set of doors. So $2000 for new hard doors and $400 for new plastics and who knows how much for a dealer to fix the rear end oil drip. Call it $2700 total.

So Iím wondering if maybe itís time to sell the 900 for whatever I can get for it while it and put that money toward a newer machine and extras? My use are pretty easy. I ride around the paved neighborhood and take rides with friends on gravel roads. I have a hunting property, but the trails are all easy and wide. I donít mud or off-road at all. I need something that wonít get me left behind when we need to drive fast on the roads for short stints. Itís me and my wife and 4 year old son who rides now, plus 2 dogs. We can all 5 fit in my 900 if my son sits on my lap. We love having the enclosed cab because we like to take rides in the winter.

Iím wondering if the 570 will be big enough or if I should just keep my 900. Any advice is appreciated. Iím not interested in taking out loan either. Iíd have a budget of about $9500.

2017 Ranger 570 Mid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Assuming that you can test drive at your dealer, go drive a 570 midsize. There have been a lot of changes in the past 6 years. Measure your cab and bring a tape and measure the midsize. My midsize is perfect for me, but you may find it a bit small and weak on power.

A local metal fabricator can probably make the door hinges. Iíd also look to see if anyone sells similar hinges and look at some the DIY examples to see if you can make your own. Accessories like glass windshields are very expensive. If oil is coming out of the vent tube, Iíd double check to make sure it isnít overfilled. After market mufflers are also available so that might be an option for the muffler problem.

Good luck!
    chrismorlo likes this.
    2017 Ranger 570 Midsize, stock tires/wheels with a few accessories like bed rack, roof, windshields.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh406 View Post
    Assuming that you can test drive at your dealer, go drive a 570 midsize. There have been a lot of changes in the past 6 years. Measure your cab and bring a tape and measure the midsize. My midsize is perfect for me, but you may find it a bit small and weak on power.

A local metal fabricator can probably make the door hinges. Iíd also look to see if anyone sells similar hinges and look at some the DIY examples to see if you can make your own. Accessories like glass windshields are very expensive. If oil is coming out of the vent tube, Iíd double check to make sure it isnít overfilled. After market mufflers are also available so that might be an option for the muffler problem.

Good luck!
    I second this. i love my 570 Mid. Perfect for me, but might not be for you. Take all of the advice above into consideration. For $9500 you should be able to purchase one leftover and still have a few bucks for an accessory or two.
    2018 Ranger 570 Mid
    66" Polaris Pro Plow
    Badlands 3500# winch with synthetic rope
    DIY front windshield with EMP brackets
    EMP hand operated wiper
    DIY rear window
    Mudbusters front and rear
    Classic Accessories camo seat covers
    Forde's accessory wiring
    Handmade overhead radio console w/ interior light
    USB in dash plugs
    Aluminum diamond plate roof
    EMP under seat storage bins
    Polaris "cost cutting" rear beeper kit and reverse lights
    Seizmik soft doors
    Not done yet....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    I have the stock muffler off my 2014 Crew 900 I would part with if you end up keeping your 900.
    2014 Solar Red Crew 900
    RVS Stage 2 Tune
    HMF Titan QS
    Dirty Dawg Performance clutch kit with EBS
    Two Switch SVI Traction Control
    Elka Stage 3 from iShocks
    SATV half doors from WhoMoto

Sponsored Links