1st Post - High Mileage 900xp
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 1st Post - High Mileage 900xp within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; High All! This is my first post, I have been hanging around and reading all the good info for awhile now. I have been around ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RJ
  • 2 Post By rocknroll
  • 1 Post By riverhunter55

Thread: 1st Post - High Mileage 900xp

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

High All! This is my first post, I have been hanging around and reading all the good info for awhile now.
    I have been around Rangers for a long time but have always been an ATV person. I have been looking for a used one for quite awhile now and never found one i was comfortable with.
    A local farmer is selling a 2016 900 xp with 9500 miles. I know this guy well and it has been well taken care of no kids have rode it just a lot of road miles. Every thing he owns is immaculate and and very well maintained. The average mile per hour is 9.6. He is asking $9k for it and it has a tip out window, roof, back glass, soft doors and a radio. The price doesn't really bother me because it has been babied its whole life but the miles do scare me some. I was really hoping to find one with 3000 or so miles but those are always to close to new price for me to pull the trigger on.
    Whats your thoughts? Do you think it is a time bomb with that many miles on it?

Thanks in advance!

RJ
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Known problems, poor fitting air box lid and intake boots that leak at the head. Id do a compression test before making a decision. No matter how clean you keep a machine, those can sneak by anyone. If that checks out good and you like it, i would go for it. You'll probably need wheel bearings and a-arm bushings now or in the near future. But that is to be expected with that many miles. Seen posts on here with 20000 plus miles on there machines. Pics are mandatory if you buy the machine. Welcome to the club!
    Rangerwhit likes this.
    2018 1000 XP Titanium Matte Metallic
    Lock n ride glass windshield and roof
    MMA lift
    27-11-14 Tusk Trilobites
    G5 tune

Past rides
    2004 Ranger. 2x4 with trusty 425
    Built like a tank and still running strong.

2012 800 XP LE
    Wire chaffing fuel pump eater but never left me stranded!

2016 900 XP Titanium Matte Metallic

Member #
    Liked
    474 times
    My local dealer sells new 2019 Ranger 900 XP non eps models for $9499 that have several improvements in the drive train and a new warranty. So for that price I would buy new and spend $1500 or so and have a new rig with new accessories.
    JMHO.
    RJ and Rangerwhit like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    474 times
    I don't know where you are located riverhunter55 but these dealers will sell you a Ranger at a fantastic price. Get the instant price on the site. There are no other add on's except mandatory taxes.
    There are others scattered around the country that are comparable so if you let us know your location maybe someone can help you out.
    https://www.powersportsofamerica.com/
    https://www.abernathycycles.com/

(Dennis) Veteran Member rowedoo's Avatar
    2017 Northstar
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Welcome to PRC. I would continue to shop around .

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate the replies! Your right a new one is the safest way to go. Most of those dealers that seem to be the cheapest are about 7 hours from my place which adds a little to that cost. I will have to see what I can get him down to and see what happens from there.
    Thanks again!
    rocknroll likes this.

(Tom) Veteran Member lexiontech's Avatar
    2017 Ranger 1000 EPS
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    As long as it has been well taken care of as you say, and the intake hasn't gotten dusted, I would not be afraid of 9,500 miles. But if you can afford it, you can't beat brand new. I just bought my own ranger a little over a year ago and went used so I could afford one with all of the accessories I wanted. New accessories from the dealer really jack up that bill quick when you want a full cab with heat and tracks. It has been a great machine and I believe it was well taken care of by the previous owner, but my next one will be new. Gives me more peace of mind knowing every bit of the history of the machine and knowing it was not only taken well care of, but taken well care of the way I would do. My main issue was I did not have a trade, and I wanted one that year, and the misses did not approve of the quote from the dealer being higher than what we paid for her last new car. Mine was similar to the one you are looking at, owned by an older farmer, lots of road miles. 6,000 miles when I bought it. Couple weeks after I bought it the drive belt went out, not the most exciting thing to happen with "new to you" machine, but thankfully easy and cheap fix. With a new belt the machine was good for about a year and then started having issue with the clutch. Found bearing was going out in primary and secondary was worn out. That is fixed and now next on my list are a-arm bushings and new tires. Love the machine but if I could have afforded it at the time I defiantly would have went new.
    2017 Ranger 1000 EPS Bronze - 6500 miles, 760 hours
    Premium roof, electric window doors, sliding rear glass, tip out front glass, wiper/washer, heater
    72 inch steel snow plow
    Warn Winch
    Front brush guard
    Lock and Ride box topper
    Prospector Pro Tracks
    S3 HD Springs
    Duraclutch

Sponsored Links