PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Well then... trouble brewing?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Boomer686 
#1 ·
I pulled the tracks off my '15 900 XP yesterday for the summer and did the usual full service / grease at the same time. Dropped the front diff oil and found a few "flakes" in the oil/ stuck to the drain plug magnet. Sprayed it all clean thru the fill plug until all was coming out clean.
Plan on running it for 25-30kms and dropping the oil again to see if there is any further issue. Have about 1300kms on it. Winter time I run the camso tracks, summer is 26" Bighorns on 14" wheels.

Hoping its not a sign of big trouble brewing......

#3 ·
LOL yeah I thought of that AFTER the fact when it had already been dumped into my waste oil container....

#7 ·
How big were the flakes? Did you take a picture of them?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to size up my catch basin: may still be some on there.

#5 ·
Mine looks like crap every time I change it. Ive just started changing it every time I do the engine oil because there is so little oil in there. I always have fine material on the magnet but haven't notice any large flakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.