Polaris 570 Engine Noisy?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Polaris 570 Engine Noisy? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I had a 2006 XP 700, which had a noisy engine. Possible looking to buy a 570 EPS. Curious if the engine is noisy and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pyromedic

Thread: Polaris 570 Engine Noisy?

Member #

I had a 2006 XP 700, which had a noisy engine. Possible looking to buy a 570 EPS. Curious if the engine is noisy and how is the turning radius compared to other Polaris Rangers!
    Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    The 570 has turf mode, one wheel drive, and it will turn as short as any other Ranger. It is no noisier than either of my 500s or my Kawasaki Mule 610.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I think 570s are quieter than the 700s and the 500s. As quiet as a 610 mule, going to have to disagree on that one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1572 times
    How noisy something is has a lot to do with opinion, how good one's hearing is in various frequency ranges and which frequency ranges one finds most annoying as well as at what speeds the engine is run. Some people complain about the whining noise made by clutches but don't complain about engine noise. Others endure lots of noise made by aggressive tires but think the engine is loud. Some say the 570 is noisier than the 900s but I suspect the actual sound produced is pretty close to the same level in decibels, however the sound made by the two cylinder engine is more pleasing to the ear than that made by a one cylinder engine.

I have a 570 and while it isn't as quiet as my Silverado with stock mufflers, it's much quieter than any lawnmower I've ever owned, quiet enough in fact that I can easily carry on a conversation in the cab or standing next to it idling without yelling but voices do have to be raised a little above what I would consider normal for conversation. Compared to my Harley with aftermarket mufflers (not drag pipes) the 570 is much quieter. Compared to the average outdoor unit for a central air conditioner I'd say it's slightly louder or about the saem but the sound is much different and probably more annoying than the AC. All the noise made may not be engine noise alone. There's a lot of plastics on Rangers that vibrates and does nothing to deaden sound.

My suggestion is to go to a dealer and listen to both a 900 and a 570 while riding in it as well as standing outside in an open area (not inside a building or next to one). You already know what your 700 sounded like so you can make a mental comparison to your memory of the 700 as well as compare the 570 and 900.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery
    SVI Traction Control
    SATV Power Steering
    Badland 3500# Winch
    KFI Winch Mount
    KFI 72" Snow Plow
    Sucool 48w LED back up lights

Member #
    Turning radius:
    Is it safe to say that the larger the UTV, the larger the turning radius will be?

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackerskj556 View Post
    Turning radius:
    Is it safe to say that the larger the UTV, the larger the turning radius will be?
    Without a doubt. Longer wheel base = larger turning radius. I test drive on a two lane road by my shop and I can't make a u-turn with a Ranger crew. Side note, I own a 96 F-150 single cab short bed and used to have a 03 F-450 crew cab long bed. The F-150 is THE tightest turning vehicle I have ever driven. Can easily make a u-turn on a two lane road with no shoulders. That damn F-450 couldn't make a u-turn on a four lane highway without using both shoulders.

Sponsored Links