Rear suspension assistance
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Rear suspension assistance within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Driving the other day at low speeds I heard a WHAM! when I went over a bump. I don't know the names of the parts ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 410Customs
  • 1 Post By BPS

Thread: Rear suspension assistance

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Driving the other day at low speeds I heard a WHAM! when I went over a bump. I don't know the names of the parts and pieces, but in the rear suspension area, I found this rubber thing in my skid plate that attaches to the rod. Comparing it to the other side, it's clear where it goes back on.

I had to drop my skid plate to get at it better and was able to reattach it. I didn't drop the other side skid plate to getter a better comparison (because it's aPITA) and it seems to be the same but I would thought I ask if the way the bracket thing it screws into is normal. It appears warped. The other side appears warped as well, but don't know if this is normal or not.

1st pic is of the piece as I found it, 2nd and 3rd are of the bracket shape in question (after I reattached it) The 4th photo is of the other side but with the skid plate in the way for comparison. It looks the same but then again maybe both sides are bent?

Looking for opinions or photos to compare before I jackass it to the dealer an hour away.

Thank you

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  2.41 MBName:  2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  2.04 MBName:  3.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.66 MBName:  4.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.81 MB

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    that is the rear sway bar and sway bar links/bushings and brackets

the rubber bushings will have a "shape" to them, the warping you describe this is normal
    What is not normal is that one of your bushings fell off, whether it un threaded itself or came apart or whatever....it should be a very simple fix
    summermn and NEPA like this.
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT
    Northstar build thread

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    If it simply unscrewed then put the link back in the hole and reinstall the bushing/nut. The nut is a locknut so I doubt it unscrewed unless it was just hand tightened to begin with. If it's stripped you'll want to replace that link and the nut/bushing.
    NEPA likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yes, the fix was easy, I jacked it up to get it back in the hole and screwed it back on, this time with a little blue loctite.

Also, thanks for the terminology reference.

The question remains, where the bushings get connected to the bracket. The shape of it. Is it normal? It looks bent on one side. Is this by design?

Can any post a pic for comparison?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Look at the parts diagram in your owners manual or on line to get an idea of the shape it should be.
    Freedom has a taste only those who have fought for it will ever know.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. An armed society is a polite society.

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS, Polaris tip out windshield, glass rear window, Polaris canvas doors. 3600 lumen driving lights, TMH 20'' Dual Row High Power 126w Cree Light Bar 13000 Lumens
    , led driving lights for back up light, EZ turn signal kit, Garmin Montana 600, UMC ATV tool/storage box, Ricochet rock sliders, home made mud blockers, in bed mounted spare tire, Big Sky roof mount gun rack, Wolo Bad Boy air horn.
    PRC # 1164

Life Member NRA & Golden Eagle Member

Joe - Tucson, Arizona

Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    The shape of the mounting brackets is the way they come from the factory.

Sponsored Links