Wireless winch remote battery?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Wireless winch remote battery?

This is a discussion on Wireless winch remote battery? within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; It occurred to me that I might need to carry a spare battery for the wireless winch remote since it would be impossible as far ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wireless winch remote battery?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Question Wireless winch remote battery?

It occurred to me that I might need to carry a spare battery for the wireless winch remote since it would be impossible as far as I know to operate the winch without it. But, upon examination, there is no obvious way to replace a battery inside the remote short of disassembling it. And, there is no mention of a battery in the remote in the winch installation instructions or the Polaris user manual. There must be a battery in there and batteries eventually need replacing. Does anyone have any information about the wireless winch remote battery/power source?

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Amazon and rockymountainatv both state a 23a/12 volt. Have not googled for how to crack that nut

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    Amazon and rockymountainatv both state a 23a/12 volt. Have not googled for how to crack that nut
    Makes sense - I think I already have some of those batteries at home for something else. The first time I read your reply summermn I thought it said 23 amp - say what! . Then I realized what you meant. Thanks for the info!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    I have them in some remote lighting controls and garage door openers
    Google is your friend-just don't tell Alexa
    yooper265 likes this.

2018 XP 1000
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    The first time I went to actually use my winch the battery in the remote was dead. I then wired in a corded remote with help from people on here.
    Make sure that you have a good screwdriver with you if that is your plan. I think it was a JST (?) not just a standard Phillips. Mine came apart rather hard.

Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    In addition to the wireless remote, my viper winch can be operated by a wired switch inside the cab. There must be a way to wire up a similar system in your rig. A spare battery is a good idea, but not much good if you lose the remote. Mine has disappeared for a day or two more than once. Good luck!
    2013 Ranger XP900 LE EFI EPS, Member 10,000+ Mile Club, Viper Elite 5000# Winch, Dragon Fire 1/2 Doors, THE Duraclutch, Firestorm Heater, 12" Totron combo light bar front and flood cubes aft, DIY game loader, Bandit Shocks

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    I suggest the obvious, contact the manufacture of you winch and ask them how to change the battery. It most likely be stupid simple!
    Freedom has a taste only those who have fought for it will ever know.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. An armed society is a polite society.

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS, Polaris tip out windshield, glass rear window, Polaris canvas doors. 3600 lumen driving lights, TMH 20'' Dual Row High Power 126w Cree Light Bar 13000 Lumens
    , led driving lights for back up light, EZ turn signal kit, Garmin Montana 600, UMC ATV tool/storage box, Ricochet rock sliders, home made mud blockers, in bed mounted spare tire, Big Sky roof mount gun rack, Wolo Bad Boy air horn.
    PRC # 1164

Life Member NRA & Golden Eagle Member

Joe - Tucson, Arizona

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Got a small pack of A23 batteries so I should be good to go. A wired remote wouldn't be a bad idea either but that's a project for another day. Thanks all for the info.

Ranger 900XP ESP
    Member #
    If you have a Polaris Winch the battery is not replaceable. I purchased a 4500 HD Pro winch and had the same questions since the only way to operate the winch is the wireless remote. There is no hardwired switch on the dash so if the battery dies you are dead in the water. If you open the remote you will see a battery the size of a hearing aid battery soldered to the circuit board. It appears that when the battery dies you have to purchase a new remote for $135.00. Does you a lot of good if you are in the woods trying to get unstuck. Not good planning on Polaris's part if you ask me. I have been trying to find out how long the battery will last and if a switch can be added to the dash in case the remote battery dies.

2019 Northstar Crew
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I have the Polaris 6000 winch with the remote. I took mine apart a while ago. If it is the same remote as the 4000, the battery does come out. But you wouldn't want to do it out on the trail. And yes you can put a switch in the dash.
    Dennis
    2019 Northstar Crew
    No Hole Signals
    Visor Audio System
    Rock Lights
    Rear Led Cube Lights
    PRO HD 6,000 LB. WINCH
    GLACIER® PRO HD PLOW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links