Securing ranger to trailer setup critique - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Securing ranger to trailer setup critique

This is a discussion on Securing ranger to trailer setup critique within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I went with a powder coated Kinedyne brand e track. Not all etrack is created equal from what I read when researching this. E Track ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Securing ranger to trailer setup critique

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    I went with a powder coated Kinedyne brand e track. Not all etrack is created equal from what I read when researching this. E Track 5 ft. Horizontal Trailer Tiedowns - 6 Pieces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028OIBZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_44eWCbZKQDV7A

I bolted every hole I could through the deck, then added 1/2” aluminum plates in the most likely areas of attaching the wheel straps for added peace of mind. I had similar reinforcements when I had 2 pro lockers mounted on the deck of the trailer.

Yes, I know it’s an Xterra, I know about the milkshake of death, i know of the maintenance issues for a DIYer, it gets me from A to B, i have put 60k on it in 2 years, has given me little trouble. Sure I would like to have my Landcruiser back, not in the cards right now.
    Rangerwhit likes this.
    2018 1000XP Northstar
    2016 900XP Northstar SOLD
    Superwinch Tera 45s
    Denali Pro 72" with Hydro-Turn
    Upgraded to tip-out front windshield
    Aluma 7712H trailer with Prolockers
    2018 Northstar Projects: griffon-s-2018-xp100-northstar-projects
    2016xp Projects: 900xp-northstar-projects
    Custom PRC Search" https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...saktoixe&hl=en

Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    Already have changed the plugs along with a new radiator to prevent the milkshake of death. Job was not bad with help of a forum that had good tips on just partially removing intake. Afternoon with a 6 pack. Main reason I ended up with the X was dealer was screwing over the owner on getting the 90k all fluid change and plugs. $1800
    Not sure what year it was, but dated a girl with one and couldn't get to one plug. Even on a lift. 8 years later I bet is still in there. I can't say much. The 5.4 3v in the ford has many problems including breaking plugs. Ford sells a special extractor just for them..

I would say Rob sums it up with covering all bases and not having to worry about it. I read somewhere that the load/ranger is supposed to stay attached even if the trailer comes loose. Not sure how realistic that is though...
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I am going to have a safety chain cut and link into the etrack for a final backup. I don't like chain as a primary as it is so static and the ranger is not a static load with the tires and shocks.

My X is a 2006 so the first of the many years of that series. Takes three different 3/8 drive extensions to wobble to get to the plug after lifting the intake manifold about 6 inches. After all the fluids being changed to synthetic and Bosch plus 4 plugs installed mileage went up to 19 plus from 17. Been trouble free except for the tpms sensors dying for 25k miles.

New tires and sensors by this weekend as fire boss wants me to haul a ranger to fires next week. Supposed to have 13 fires. All are close to or over 100 acres each

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I'm a Mac's tie down wheel nets fan myself. Put two strips of e-track on the trailer and use 4 wheel nets. I'm not impressed with just one skinny strap over the tire. Majority of the time I just use one in the front and one in the back diagonally. It's not coming off.
    '18 Ranger 1000 XP
    '14 RZR 1000 XP

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Griffon, what kind of shoots? I shoot sporting clays and haul mine all over the country. Surefit gun racks are BY FAR the best accessory I have on my ‘19 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Griffon likes this.

Ranger 900XP ESP
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Shock Straps

Name:  shockstrap-single-hook-ratchet-with-safety-strap-product-image.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  75.3 KB
    I have been using these and love them. Company support is awesome. Here is a link to the web site https://www.shockstrap.com/
    stainlessman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by agdchi View Post
    Griffon, what kind of shoots? I shoot sporting clays and haul mine all over the country. Surefit gun racks are BY FAR the best accessory I have on my ‘19 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best gun racks ever! Got a 4 placer like you. We shoot registered NSCA Sporting and Fitasc. I’m M, wife is AA. We each shoot about 8k registered yearly and probably another 16k in practice birds. The sport is addictive!

I see you are on P gun. Mx8 or?

I’m now shooting F3 Bonsi Grade.

My weekend starts tomorrow with 50each in .410; 28; 20; and 12 and hopefully a 50-bird 5 stand. Actually going to be a decent sunny spring day in the 50s
    Saturday we are expecting 2-3” snow and rain. I have the first 3 parcours of a 150 bird event and the first 100 birds of a 200 bird sporting.

Sunday will be sunny in high 50’s and finish the 100 sporting and the last 75 Fitasc birds on 3 Parcour.

Wisconsin in the spring. We get 3 seasons in one weekend.
    wgarcar1 likes this.
    2018 1000XP Northstar
    2016 900XP Northstar SOLD
    Superwinch Tera 45s
    Denali Pro 72" with Hydro-Turn
    Upgraded to tip-out front windshield
    Aluma 7712H trailer with Prolockers
    2018 Northstar Projects: griffon-s-2018-xp100-northstar-projects
    2016xp Projects: 900xp-northstar-projects
    Custom PRC Search" https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...saktoixe&hl=en

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    Best gun racks ever! Got a 4 placer like you. We shoot registered NSCA Sporting and Fitasc. I’m M, wife is AA. We each shoot about 8k registered yearly and probably another 16k in practice birds. The sport is addictive!

I see you are on P gun. Mx8 or?

I’m now shooting F3 Bonsi Grade.

My weekend starts tomorrow with 50each in .410; 28; 20; and 12 and hopefully a 50-bird 5 stand. Actually going to be a decent sunny spring day in the 50s
    Saturday we are expecting 2-3” snow and rain. I have the first 3 parcours of a 150 bird event and the first 100 birds of a 200 bird sporting.

Sunday will be sunny in high 50’s and finish the 100 sporting and the last 75 Fitasc birds on 3 Parcour.

Wisconsin in the spring. We get 3 seasons in one weekend.
    I'v been in Krieghoff shop in New Jersey, OMG, they gave us a personal tour, an old lady (80) came in for a fitting that day, they took a mold of her hand and she entered the "Turkish wood room" where she chose the stock and after that she chose the statue of liberty and her late husband's portrait and initials to be engraved in Germany on a K-80 with 410g, 28g and 20g combo for a measly $42000.
    The most insane gun place I've ever been was in Connecticut at: TONY GALAZAN'S place : https://www.shotgunlife.com/shotguns...a-galazan.html
    where they have several purdeys that worth over $185000 each and al Capone's tommy gun on Display.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/17...tgun-mfg-video
    Tony is an insane estate gun collector that made a museum/shotgun MFG in one very educational place.
    People fly from all over the world to see it, (bib and diapers needed) it's remarkable.
    I never got to that level of shooting like you guys but my friend that has a lot of medals took me to a few competition weekends like this, all I have to say AMAZING performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wgarcar1; 04-26-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

Ranger 900XP ESP
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Attachment 126779
    I chose the Seizmik gun racks because I wanted protection from dust. A little more trouble when you get to a shooting station, but I feel it is worth it.

Ranger 900XP ESP
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Gun Rack

Name:  IMG_2001.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  5.0 KB
    Sorry for the photo. Just learning how to post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links