PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2007 Ranger 700 Idled rough and dies when you give it gas

7K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Gypsy 
#1 ·
Hi I am new here and needing some HELP. I have a 2007 Polaris Ranger 700 that idles rough and dies when you give it gas. I have replaced the TPS and TPS harness set it ar .0710 no change. Replaced the TBAP harness and cleaned the TBAP with mass air flow sensor cleaner and no change. Replaced the fuel with fresh fuel no change. Checked fuel pressure running about 42 to 44 PSI. Replaced spark plugs no change. Checked wiring harness found a few bad spots repaired them still no change. What am I missing ? Whats next?

#2 · (Edited)
TBAP sensor harness possibly. Never see 44 psi on the FP. What did you check the FP with ? Where did buy the TPS ? Amazon/Ebay ?

Miles hours ? How long have you owned it ? etc....etc.....

Reactions: raymondhaldeman2
#4 ·
Last time................ Where did buy the TPS ? Amazon/Ebay ?

Miles hours ? How long have you owned it ? etc....etc.....

#6 ·
The TPS setup for a 2007 700 is a two step process. If the new TPS is OEM, reset the base voltage ( that is the TPS itself) to .560 volts DC . You first have to zero out the voltage by backing the 'D' (flow screw on the throttle body) When it is at least ZERO or below volts, install the TPS to .560.........Then run the 'D' (flow screw) down to .670 volts DC. Make sure the throttle body is clean and the throttle plate can close all the way to ZERO..........

#8 · (Edited)
Then you still have wire harness issues. Most likely the TPS but also possibly the TBAP beyond the OTB harness. If your fuel pressure is 39 psi +/- 3 . Did you pull and check the connection to the ECU ? Also, you would not waste so much of OP's time if you would give pertinent information UP FRONT...........:crushed: I don't charge enough here to have to pull every f'n detail for such a broad spectrum set of possible fix's, out of a new poster.

Reactions: RJ
#10 ·
LOL........... I still don't know what you have REALLY done and where your settings REALLY are. Don't be a crybaby, just READ and FULLY ANSWER the questions if you do not have the time to give ALL pertinent information UP FRONT. Every duck on these EFI Rangers have to be in a row to overcome the krappy wire harnesses and lack of self diagnostics in these computers. On this forum, unlike many other Polaris forums, WE ACTUALLY BOLDLY FIX SCHIT HERE if given the right information.

Reactions: Rangerwhit and RJ
#11 ·
I have a 2007 700 Xp also. They are finicky and do not run best on the factory settings for the TPS. It isn't impoartant that you follow the steps and set the zero. It's very difficult to get it set and tightened down.
I struggled to get mine running right until used the settings I got here.
if it's possible try to run it in a dark garage or outside after dark. Look closely at the plug wires. It's possible you have some arcing.
one other thing that bit me was a very small crack on the rubber boot between the throttle body and the cylinder head. It cracked on the bottom and wasn't easily seen.
these things are machines and can be fixed. Sometimes it's a frustrating puzzzle but it's not impossible.
One more thing. Even if you replace the harness and sensor it's possible that the old plug may have issues with the pins. They can come loose and slide out creating a bad connection.
keep trying and please post when you get it fixed so others can benefit from the answer.

#12 ·
I have a 2007 700 Xp also. They are finicky and do not run best on the factory settings for the TPS. It isn't impoartant that you follow the steps and set the zero. It's very difficult to get it set and tightened down.
I struggled to get mine running right until used the settings I got here.
if it's possible try to run it in a dark garage or outside after dark. Look closely at the plug wires. It's possible you have some arcing.
one other thing that bit me was a very small crack on the rubber boot between the throttle body and the cylinder head. It cracked on the bottom and wasn't easily seen.
these things are machines and can be fixed. Sometimes it's a frustrating puzzzle but it's not impossible.
One more thing. Even if you replace the harness and sensor it's possible that the old plug may have issues with the pins. They can come loose and slide out creating a bad connection.
keep trying and please post when you get it fixed so others can benefit from the answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.