PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2018+ Ranger 900 XP Tuning Help.. Whats the best Tune?

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cooprock 
#1 ·
I have a newer 2018 Polaris Ranger 900 XP (regular cab) and after the additions of a full cab, aluminum topper and some dot 27" tires she is slowing down. (under 500 miles on it so far). Have been doing a bunch or research on-line both here on the forum and on manufactures websites and still having a hard time deciding. I am not looking to bomb around at 60-70mph, just looking mainly for more power in the 0-25mph range. Machine spends most of its time crawling around old trails, running logging roads and as a hunting rig. Interested in a safe, reliable tune that will give me more power (at lower speeds as well), not negatively impact engine life, and because of the extended trips still be reasonable on fuel consumption. Have been looking at Gilomen, Aftermarket Assassins and others. Want to be able to return the unit to a stock tune as well. Everything else about the machine is stock.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
I would go with Gilomen. To return to stock you'd have to send the ecu in, or just buy a already tuned ecu and swap them when you want to return to stock. Also, if your not worried about 60mph runs. A good clutch kit will get your low end back for you and be much cheaper. Terry will set you up if you let him know what you're after. With the extra weight you have, and how the 900's are geared...a stiffer secondary spring will slow your upshift down and get your low end grunt back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.