Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019?

This is a discussion on Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019? within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Originally Posted by Hunterworks Clutch failure is a general term, what specifically failed? As far as the clutch goes, the primary is not the best, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019?

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
    Clutch failure is a general term, what specifically failed?

As far as the clutch goes, the primary is not the best, a better option is a turbo RZR clutch with proper set up

I have a brand new 19 crew and it is very hard to shift, it came with an alignment issue. I have not fixed it yet but will going knee deep in this clutch soon.

Until my friend and competitor Gilomen Innovations is the go to guy.

Todd
    As I said, I wasn't able to see the clutches as I'm an independent shop and they were still under warranty so off to the dealership they went. I have a close relationship with these guys (them owning 16 Rangers that I service/work on) so when I find out what happened I'll pass it on. I've only been able to install one Duraclutch setup but the improvement over OEM was so noticeable that I'm pushing them when clutch replacement is necessary. All manufacturers that use CVT should use their design IMHO. Maybe they have it patented, dunno.

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    The duraclutch is not available for a 19 yet and yes it is patented. It is not for any applications but slower riding, so it would not work on all of them. Also, the owner of duraclutch is retired from polaris, his dad started polaris and his office is at polaris still so it won't be available for anything else.
    Todd Eldridge, Owner of Hunterworks
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    The duraclutch is not available for a 19 yet and yes it is patented. It is not for any applications but slower riding, so it would not work on all of them. Also, the owner of duraclutch is retired from polaris, his dad started polaris and his office is at polaris still so it won't be available for anything else.
    Man, that's loyalty. It sure would be nice if they offered their product for other manufacturers machines. With that deep of a connection it seems that Polaris would offer Duraclutch as on option when selling new units.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    Man, that's loyalty. It sure would be nice if they offered their product for other manufacturers machines. With that deep of a connection it seems that Polaris would offer Duraclutch as on option when selling new units.
    Cost too much and they are about making money, can't see it too viable except for maybe the can am line of utv's. Cost about $250K per vehicle to develop, got to sell a bunch.
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    "Cost too much and they are about making money" The retail for the Duraclutch that I sold was about $1400 and the retail for the same OEM setup was about $1325. Seems that if Polaris offered it as an option that cost a bit more they would make money and Duraclutch would sell A LOT more. In my area most Rangers are used for work only and that smooth take off, extended belt life and braking would be a big seller when buying a new unit.

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    TRust me, they look at it differently than you think. It gets down to pennies
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    TRust me, they look at it differently than you think. It gets down to pennies
    I get what you mean. The executives and the shareholders matter more than the customers. Can you imagine what the average customer would get if Polaris ran their business like you or I! I'm here to make a decent living and be of service to those in my community. I care about my customers and my waiting list and the thanks I get are worth a lot more than a few extra bucks..

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    I am glad they don't so I can make a buck or two off them. We have sold over 1300 of them and so glad of that. I like to eat!!
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I guess you're right. If all of the manufacturers made a bulletproof machine with all options and recalled them for any problem my kid would be shoeless. I'm really fond of Polaris suspension bushings, have probably replaced 1300 x 10. Prop shaft u-joints taste so good at the dinner table!
    stainlessman and jungleman like this.

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    You also consider they all make parts to fail so they can make money on repairs and parts
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links