Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019? within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have a customer that owns a high end game ranch. They recently purchased three 2019 Ranger 1000 XP Northstars. Two of them have had ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is anyone having clutch problems with their 2019?

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times

I have a customer that owns a high end game ranch. They recently purchased three 2019 Ranger 1000 XP Northstars. Two of them have had clutch failures within the first 30 hours. Since they are under warranty they did not bring them to my shop so I was not able to lay my eyes on the problem. They said that they started hearing strange noises (full cabs so it had to be a bit loud) that got worse until the Ranger started squealing and having driving issues. I'm just curious to see if this is wide spread so I have some advance knowledge when one comes in. Side note; they're not hard on there Rangers and they know how to and not to use them. They have 16 of them.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Having been looking for any issues of the new 1000's before a possible purchase I have not seen or heard of any.
    Some of the 1000's have a geared reverse rear differential

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    I performed the initial service on all three and at the time they were fine. Looking at my records I was incorrect as far as hours go. It was February and they had 37, 88, and 83 hours on them. They started having problems in April. I did notice that two of them were only four apart coming off the assembly line according to their VINs. Not sure if those were the two with issues or not. If so, they might have been Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend specials.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Would be interesting to know if they were the same day-shift etc.
    Poorly trained or inattentive sub can screw things up

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    Would be interesting to know if they were the same day-shift etc.
    Poorly trained or inattentive sub can screw things up
    After thinking about it the clutch would have only been installed on the final assembly, not manufactured. But maybe it was a bad batch of clutches. All speculation but if I find out what the exact problem was I'll let ya'll know.
    summermn likes this.

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1225 times
    Could just be the bad batch of clutches. A few years ago like 5 or 6 GMC had transmission issues. If the tranny was made in the Pennsylvania tranny plant. It needed to be replaced it was junk. One customer of mine had a new GMC 2500 , and at 3000 miles the tranny puked. He went back to driving a Ford F350.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    I have a customer that owns a high end game ranch. They recently purchased three 2019 Ranger 1000 XP Northstars. Two of them have had clutch failures within the first 30 hours. Since they are under warranty they did not bring them to my shop so I was not able to lay my eyes on the problem. They said that they started hearing strange noises (full cabs so it had to be a bit loud) that got worse until the Ranger started squealing and having driving issues. I'm just curious to see if this is wide spread so I have some advance knowledge when one comes in. Side note; they're not hard on there Rangers and they know how to and not to use them. They have 16 of them.
    Clutch failure is a general term, what specifically failed?

As far as the clutch goes, the primary is not the best, a better option is a turbo RZR clutch with proper set up

I have a brand new 19 crew and it is very hard to shift, it came with an alignment issue. I have not fixed it yet but will going knee deep in this clutch soon.

Until my friend and competitor Gilomen Innovations is the go to guy.

Todd
    Todd Eldridge, Owner of Hunterworks
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    As far as the clutch goes, the primary is not the best, a better option is a turbo RZR clutch with proper set up

I have a brand new 19 crew and it is very hard to shift, it came with an alignment issue. I have not fixed it yet but will going knee deep in this clutch soon.

Todd[/QUOTE]

What are you going to charge the dealer for proper setup?
    Having been at several dealerships and trying to get a feel for the service at them I know my closest is making me feel like a mark to be scored and move on to another sucker. Expanding warranty to 1 year(1 man. is now 3) is no good if the service isn't!

2019 Northstar Crew
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mine has 3000 miles on it. It is hard to shift again and when i get up to about 40mph the rpms are like 6000 and it will just drop the rpms to 5400 almost like an automatic transmission.
    I haven't had a chance to look at it at all
    2019 Northstar Crew
    No Hole Signals
    Visor Audio System
    Rock Lights
    Rear Led Cube Lights
    PRO HD 6,000 LB. WINCH
    GLACIER® PRO HD PLOW

Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post

Todd
    What are you going to charge the dealer for proper setup?
    Having been at several dealerships and trying to get a feel for the service at them I know my closest is making me feel like a mark to be scored and move on to another sucker. Expanding warranty to 1 year(1 man. is now 3) is no good if the service isn't![/QUOTE]

I don't understand the question, I am not charging any dealer anything, not offering anything either. Kinda lost me

Todd
    Todd Eldridge, Owner of Hunterworks
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links