25 hr service question. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

25 hr service question.

This is a discussion on 25 hr service question. within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have a local small engine mechanic that used to manage a Yamaha shop that is good. $50/hr. Usually won't charge me for simple diagnostic ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 25 hr service question.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    I have a local small engine mechanic that used to manage a Yamaha shop that is good. $50/hr. Usually won't charge me for simple diagnostic and repairs have a stop watch attached to them to keep proper time. I usually tip him a box or 2 of 22 ammo. I can manage most maintenance issues and now probably collecting my last paycheck have the time and not the $$$

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    I have a local small engine mechanic that used to manage a Yamaha shop that is good. $50/hr. Usually won't charge me for simple diagnostic and repairs have a stop watch attached to them to keep proper time. I usually tip him a box or 2 of 22 ammo. I can manage most maintenance issues and now probably collecting my last paycheck have the time and not the $$$
    I too use a watch, well kitchen timers. I can't give out much free work but I do help diagnose problems over the phone and folks stopping by. It's good business, they'll come back when they have a big problem that's over their heads. The one exception on free labor is when a parent doesn't have the funds to fix their kids dirt bike/atv. It's easy to tell when they come in and the kid is downbeat and the parent is asking how much, how much. Lets just get him/her back to riding and not worry about it.
    Natethedog likes this.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Word of mouth about being fair in prices charged for services can go a long way. At least in my book. I send him a lot of work. I fully understand he has a shop to heat and a family to support.
    I'm not much on supporting motorized baby sitters. I had a serious chore list and helped out at the neighbors to support my wheeled habit when I was a kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links