Ranger 800 heat
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Ranger 800 heat

This is a discussion on Ranger 800 heat within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; New to the Ranger. I’ve been following a few threads on the heat issues with the Ranger. I understand it would be a problem in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stainlessman
  • 1 Post By stainlessman

Thread: Ranger 800 heat

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Ranger 800 heat

New to the Ranger.
    I’ve been following a few threads on the heat issues with the Ranger.
    I understand it would be a problem in a hot climate.
    Out in the PNW our weather is pretty mild. An 80 degree day dominates the local newscasts and heaven forbid if it ever gets to 90.
    Most of the time my morning riding temps are in the 50s and 60s and so far I find a little heat in the cab to be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1256 times
    Its good to know if I ever move to the Yukon the 800 ranger is the sxs of choice.
    And as far as my 900 goes I've been thinking of adding louvers or grills to the sides where the battery is (passengers side) and where the gas tank is (drivers side) to pull air in while riding and blow the heat out from under the rig.
    Last edited by stainlessman; 07-03-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Rangerwhit likes this.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Its good to know if I ever move to the Yukon the 800 ranger is the sxs of choice.
    And as far as my 900 goes I've been thinking of adding louvers or grills to the sides where the battery is (passengers side) and where the gas tank is (drivers side) to pull air in while riding and blow the heat out from under the rig.
    A scoop would work nice if conditions apply. A fan when doing yard work. My 500 gets hot, but never glows like some models do. Still let it cool off before putting it in the garage.
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1256 times
    I can say since I added the sound deading kit it is noticeable quieter in the cab. Riding up Mt Washington last week and seeing and hearing all the other brands and models of sxs's some are insanely loud.
    But getting back to the heat thing. Yes I've thought of cutting a U shape in the side plastic, use a heat gun to form a scoop. Then a layer of mesh screen inside the scoop to keep some crap out. Would be nice to have the scoop on a hinge to pop out and in as needed. Or I guess I could just ride around on a bare frame with seat.
    Rangerwhit likes this.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons

RJ
    Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    Maybe something like these would work?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus...ts_inlets.html
    2018 1000 XP Titanium Matte Metallic
    Lock n ride glass windshield and roof
    MMA lift
    27-11-14 Tusk Trilobites
    G5 tune

Past rides
    2004 Ranger. 2x4 with trusty 425
    Built like a tank and still running strong.

2012 800 XP LE
    Wire chaffing fuel pump eater but never left me stranded!

2016 900 XP Titanium Matte Metallic

Member #
    Liked
    1256 times
    Thank You Rod for posting that.
    The cooling louvers are exactly what I was thinking of. Air in. Moves through pushing the heat back out the rear. I trail ride and avoid mud so no issues about crap going into the louvers and under the ranger. I might put a screen mesh behind it.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Only time I had heat issues is when the passenger's start crying! LoL I'll start noticing them squirming around and then they realize that their seat must be on fire! On those cold winter days it's awesome but those 110 Mississippi summer days it's unbearable. My setup is even worse because I'm running aftermarket SS exhaust, originally had header wrap but slowly fell off. (The bottom of my seat has caught fire once and melted on long rides. I need to replace the seat as it's lost structural integrity, anyone that sits over there now is basically sitting on the engine or exhaust pipes.)
    I have read were some 800 owners have installed small electric fans below the seat. It was said that they push air in during the warm months and reverse the fan in the winter to pull warm air out for warmth in the cold months.

No body wants to ride with me in the summer but in the winter everybody wants to ride!
    2011 Polaris 800 Ranger Browning Edition
    Backwoods Armor arched control arms, SuperATV steering assembly, SuperATV axles, 29.5 OL2, STI HD1 14" wheels, Looney Tune Exhaust, Turf mode delete Transmission, Billet front diferential, Spal Fan

Sponsored Links