PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

What Did You Do With Your Ranger Today?

1M views 4K replies 720 participants last post by  triple c- motorsports 
#1 ·
I frequent a forum for RVs and was reading a similar thread that is now 61 pages long!

SO.....what did 'you' do with your Ranger today?

I topped off my anti-freeze and checked the motor oil :)

#54 ·
Last weekend I installed my new Alba full exhust system, the sound is plesant and runs just fine, a slight increase in throttle response and power. Remove and replacement took about 2 1/2 hours and 2 Samuel Adams. Last Tuesday installed the new HID plug and play light kit from Side by Side. What an improvement in that department. I will most likely remove the KC lights. I'll try to supply some pic's on the install next week. Also installed two outer wears for the front K & N air and clutch filters. It's comming together, slow but sure on the up grades!!! And last but not least I'll be installing my new DDP clutch kit today after breakfast.

Now "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

#57 ·
I washed and changed all the fluids in mine, oh what fun! Oil change and tranny change easy, differentials another story.

#58 ·
Well top of the morning everyone!!! I installed my DDP clutch kit with ajustable weights yesterday morning and what a improvement. Install took about 2 hours. After about 20 minutes of test riding on the dirt I wanted to see what it would do from a standing start in the driveway, stomped on the throttle and it actually layed down a foot of rubber, I was impressed!!!
This clutch is fantastic...
When the wife came home she asked what the black marks in the driveway were? I told he they were mine....thats what they are!! Life is good.

"enjoy your ride"

#64 ·
I installed an EMP (PRC Sponsor) rear bumper. Very simple install, BTW....and extremely solid product.

#66 ·
I too am very impressed with the HD. No...I've not installed any spacers yet. I'm not 'sure' if I want to as I want to make sure that we can continue to get through the tight spaces.

#68 ·
Yesterday I gave mine a pretty thorough cleaning. Guess it's time to get it dirty again.

#69 ·
I started clearing a new trail in the woods

#71 ·
Dale,

How did the 170 do?

#72 ·
It's a neat little machine. Overall we were impressed with it, but we did have a little trouble out of it. We've had a good bit of rain here recently, so there were quite a few water holes and a bit of slop. It was nothing for any of us to get thru, but the 170's starter is right on the bottom and the water about had the best of it by the end of the day. Not sure if my brother is gonna go to the dealer with it or just buy another starter. Seems like it should have held up a little better, this was it's first outting.

If you ask my niece it's the best thing to ever have wheels! She simply loves it.

#73 ·
Yep....I'll bet the kids love that thing. I know I sure would have at that age. I think Polaris makes a skid plate for that unit. Might that have helped from the starter getting trashed??

#74 ·
My brother mentioned the skid plate. Not sure if it would've helped or not. I feel like he will give it a try. We're not talking much water tho. The older kids on the ATV's were hammering every hole they could find, but the 170 was only in holes with 4"-6" or less. She did not go off the main trail.
The pic posted above was taken at the end of the ride when she was unbuckling and looking for her water bottle. You can tell it's just not that messy of a machine to have made a 38 mile trek thru the woods.
That reminds me......they should've put the little ones a cup holder in there. Her water bottle gave her fits!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.