Forum Members....Need Tire Recomendations!
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Forum Members....Need Tire Recomendations! within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Here Goes.... I would like to have some member imput as to the BEST ALL AROUND tire for trail, occasional mud, etc. Does anyone reccomend ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Forum Members....Need Tire Recomendations!

(JERAMIE) Starting Member RANGERFREAK203's Avatar
    Member #

Here Goes....
    I would like to have some member imput as to the BEST ALL AROUND tire for trail, occasional mud, etc. Does anyone reccomend a certain brand/type? I know I may be opening a can of worms here but I would personally like to get some feedback from the PRC TEAM. I have stock 12" aluminum crusher rims on my 09 HD. I do alot of hunting, feeding, and some trail riding mostly on hard pan and dirt. Our ranch has several roads that we upkeep in order to get to where we are going. Plase provide pics of possible prospects and provide the best place to purchase. Thanks in Advance!

(Jerry) Retired Moderator commanderjjones's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    Big Horns are hard to beat for all around use. They are a significant upgrade over OEM, carry weight well, wear well, have a smooth ride, provide excellent traction on rocks and hard pack, and better than OEM tire traction in the mud.

Call Matt or Maurice at ATV Oufitters (their contact info' is in our sponsors' section) and they will hook you up.
    Jerry
    PRC staff / SSW staff

2012 RZR XP4 LE liquid silver / 2006 Ranger XP LE, midnight red, built 10/25/05

Member #
    Thanks Commander, I had a set on my 2005 Honda Foreman and Loved them. It has been a while, and I wasn't sure if anything has topped them yet. I know there are alot of reproductions of that design by other makers and such, I just was not sure how those compared. The Bighorns have been a leader for a long time....If it ain't broke , don't fix it, I guess!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

(Jerry) Retired Moderator commanderjjones's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    Yeah, there are a couple of different Bighorn copies out there and I believe they are a little cheaper, but not by much.....and I also don't think that either is a radial. I've heard good things about those too, but like you said, "if it ain't broke....."
    Jerry
    PRC staff / SSW staff

2012 RZR XP4 LE liquid silver / 2006 Ranger XP LE, midnight red, built 10/25/05

Member #
    ESSEX manufacturing. A bit pricing but the best ive had. I have three machines and they are by far lasting the longest. we use them on a deer ranch in the mountains of PA and they have about a 1/2 " rim guard that i havent seen on any other tires. just my opinion.
    2009 XP/ DDP clutch/Rangerware cab/27" essex tires on ITP rims/ warn 4500 winch/ rhino coated front rear extreme bumpers/ rhino coated extreme nerf bars/ HID lights/ odessey battery! DJ fab mud blocker system, backwoods forward A arms 2" lift, Flexsteel seats, cbr radiator,

Member #
    I second the Bighorns.
    2012 800 XP Browning Edition, 26" Bighorns on 14" STI HD2s, Offroad Sound Systems 200 watt MP3 system, Super ATV Rear Bumper, 4 PIAA offroad lights, Pure Polaris top, fold out windshield, & brush guard

~It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6~

(Jeremy) Veteran Member CabinDweller's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I will also vote for BigHorns. I was never a believer (always ran mud tires) until I joined this forum and was persuaded to try them by the slew of pleased customers here. I have been VERY pleased with these tires on my Ranger. I would absolutely buy them again.
    2014 Ranger 900XP Limited Edition - Titanium Matte Metallic
    - Polaris Lock&Ride Pro Fit Glass Windshield
    - Polaris Lock&Ride Pro Fit Glass Rear Panel
    - Polaris Lock&Ride Pro Fit Sport Roof
    - 14" Matte Black Vader Wheels
    - 26" BigHorns

[IMG][/IMG]

2014 Sportsman Ace (Son's)
    - 26" BigHorns
    - 14" Black Vader wheels

2012 Sportsman 90 (daughter's)

Member #
    Thanks for the advice Team, the Bighorns, as I thought, seem to be the ones to beat!

Member #
    Ok since no one on this site recognizes the Essex tires and I destroyed one of my pit bull rockers in the first 8 hours of use I guess I'll try these big horns. Lol. Or maybe order one to see if it really compares.

Three machines running Essex for three year and never a flat and our machines run 7 days a week 52,weeks a year I'm starting to believe that's performance that can't be beat.
    2009 XP/ DDP clutch/Rangerware cab/27" essex tires on ITP rims/ warn 4500 winch/ rhino coated front rear extreme bumpers/ rhino coated extreme nerf bars/ HID lights/ odessey battery! DJ fab mud blocker system, backwoods forward A arms 2" lift, Flexsteel seats, cbr radiator,

(Brendan) Starting Member bg676's Avatar
    Member #
    I can't really make any suggestions for what is best but I can tell you I haven't had very good luck running 27" mud light xtr's. I have had too many major flats running these tires, both sidewall punctures and in the center of the tread face. It's probably more to do with being the wrong tire for the conditions but I never had these problems with the original mud lights on my atv. I ride in an area that has a lot of sharp blast rock and through slashes with lots of sharp sticks ect. I think that in these types of conditions, a less open tread pattern is ideal. I think the weight of a ranger is too much to resist puncture on the tire casing itself. From my experience I think it is much more important to think about your riding conditions with a ranger vs an atv because of the wieght. I would think that the bighorn tires would work well in my location, I also like the looks of the pitbull growlers. I have also heard very good things about Essex utv tires but they are heavy. I hope this helps!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links