Front Brake Caliper Popping
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Front Brake Caliper Popping within the Ranger Technical forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I just picked up a 2019 Ranger 570 Crew a few weeks ago and after about a hundred miles, I started noticing a popping noise ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liftedpsd2010

Thread: Front Brake Caliper Popping

Member #

I just picked up a 2019 Ranger 570 Crew a few weeks ago and after about a hundred miles, I started noticing a popping noise in the front end when I turn back and forth. It will pop when I turn to the right and pop again when I turn back to the left but won'tt pop if I turn twice to the left or right so it sounds like something rocking back and forth. I've jacked up the front end but can't feel anything loose. I didn't notice last night that both brake calipers are a little loose and when I move it by hand it sounds similar to the popping I hear when driving, just not as loud.

I can't find any recent posts about people having issues with this. Does anyone else have experience with this? I planned on taking it back to the dealer but it's 45 minutes away so I just wanted to see if anyone's found a fix so I don't have to make the trip and leave it with them.

Thanks

(Michael) 1000+ Member liftedpsd2010's Avatar
    2017 Polaris ranger
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    I’d be willing to bet it was a cv axle and not the brake caliper. Check the axle boots for any rips. There’s an adjustment on the caliper itself that is an Allen bolt. Maybe that will tighten it up. I can’t remember exactly what that Allen bolt does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RJ likes this.

Member #
    Thanks. That's what My dad thought as well but after seeing the brake caliper loose we assumed that was causing it. Think I'm just going to let the dealership deal with it since my check engine light came on as well while riding today. You know if there's anyway to look at check engine code history once the light goes out?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I pulled the front end apart and the noise is coming from the wheel bearing. I've been trying to find the torque specs for the castle nut that hold the hub on. Does anyone know what this should be?

2015 Ranger 900 XP
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    And your CV joint is ok?
    2015 Ranger XP 900 Hunter Deluxe Edition w / EPS & EBS, heated seats, 4500lb winch, front & rear brush guards, Polaris lock & ride storage box, Polaris Glass Tip-out front Windshield, Polaris Glass Rear Windshield, Polaris Windshield Wiper Kit, Polaris Lock & Ride Bed Extender, Polaris Lock & Ride Dual Gun Boot Kit, Polaris Front & Rear A-Arm Guards, Polaris Fender Flare Kit, Polaris Cab Heater, Polaris Rearview Mirror, Polaris (Carhart) Camo Seat Covers, Polaris 72" Glacier Snowplow w / Hydraulic Lift & Turn, 14" MSA Wheels, 26" Bighorn Tires, MMA 2.5" Lift, 15" Hella 90W LED Front Bumper Light, 35" Hella 180W Roof Mounted LED Light Bar, Hella 35W LED flood beam reverse light, Phoenix 72W LED combo flood & spot box lights.

Sponsored Links