PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Front Brake Caliper Popping

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Boomer686 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2019 Ranger 570 Crew a few weeks ago and after about a hundred miles, I started noticing a popping noise in the front end when I turn back and forth. It will pop when I turn to the right and pop again when I turn back to the left but won'tt pop if I turn twice to the left or right so it sounds like something rocking back and forth. I've jacked up the front end but can't feel anything loose. I didn't notice last night that both brake calipers are a little loose and when I move it by hand it sounds similar to the popping I hear when driving, just not as loud.

I can't find any recent posts about people having issues with this. Does anyone else have experience with this? I planned on taking it back to the dealer but it's 45 minutes away so I just wanted to see if anyone's found a fix so I don't have to make the trip and leave it with them.

Thanks

#2 ·
I’d be willing to bet it was a cv axle and not the brake caliper. Check the axle boots for any rips. There’s an adjustment on the caliper itself that is an Allen bolt. Maybe that will tighten it up. I can’t remember exactly what that Allen bolt does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thanks. That's what My dad thought as well but after seeing the brake caliper loose we assumed that was causing it. Think I'm just going to let the dealership deal with it since my check engine light came on as well while riding today. You know if there's anyway to look at check engine code history once the light goes out?

#5 ·
And your CV joint is ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.