PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

My Pup's Booster Seat

7K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
Hey all. We have a 3 year old, 80 Lbs Farm Collie (Scout). He loves riding with me but always had to sit on the floor as he is just to big for the bench seat, and he'd tear it up pretty good with his paws. Hated having him on the floor especially when plowing for a few hours so I decided to put together a booster seat for him.
DISCLAIMER: I drive very slowly when he's riding with me because a higher speed quick braking would send him into or through the windshield.
When plowing he usually lays down which I prefer but short drives like down the 3 KM private road to check the mail, he loves sitting up.
It's nothing fancy but it works really well and I built it for free with scrap wood and carpet. It's carpeted on both sides to protect the seat, and I angle cut a piece of the hard foam that came with my doors to lock the booster seat in place and it keeps it really well secured.
Just to avoid any confusion in the last 2 pictures, Scout's the one on the left :)

Vehicle Car Trunk Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Trunk
Vehicle Car City car Minivan Subcompact car
Canidae Dog Vehicle Car Companion dog
Vehicle Car Windshield Auto part Automotive window part

See less See more
#2 ·
That is so Cool! He's lovin' you now buddy.................

#3 ·
Nice job on the seat.

#4 ·
Great job on the seat. I can see I'm going to have to make something like this for the back seat of our 900 Crew. I had built something similar several years ago for the backseat of my truck. But at the time, we had an old golf cart that we rode around in, and my lab could sit on the floor and still see out the front windshield. But in the new 900 Crew, my Catahoula Bulldog isn't tall enough to sit in the floor and see out the front. So I think a platform like this for the back seat, will be just the thing so he can go on rides with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.