PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Phone holder

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  miker570 
#1 ·
I made a holder for my phone so I can use a GPS app. I used; a bolt, 3 nuts, 4 washers, a small piece of plastic off the floor, 2 mounting bracket things from some jeep tow hooks, some double sided permanent mounting tape, epoxy, and a plastic phone case.

It's not the prettiest, but it works great.

I downloaded the Polaris GPS app because it was free. It's not bad. You can draw trails, record trails and name them and stuff, bunch of maps to look at, lots of other options that someone might find useful. ... Anyone reccomend anything different?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like your phone holder is secure.

I had been using a suction cup type that works well with a glass windshield in the summer, but didn’t work well in the winter due to frost etc.

To solve this problem, I removed the suction cup lever mechanism and replaced it with a large machine screw which screws securely into a push pin hole on the top of the dash. It’s secure year round now and I didn’t have to make any new holes in the dash to mount it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yes thanks, it is very stable. It’s also a good location and perfect hight to follow maps or my gps speedometer app. I added a charging port and voltage sensor with a power switch to complete this project.
Works very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.