2018 Ranger 1000 XP Issues/Annoyances
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2018 Ranger 1000 XP Issues/Annoyances within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; First off, let me say I really like the new machine. Overall, it was a huge upgrade from the 2011 800 XP. However, there are ...

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 2018 Ranger 1000 XP Issues/Annoyances

rpr
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

First off, let me say I really like the new machine. Overall, it was a huge upgrade from the 2011 800 XP. However, there are a few things that are bugging me about the unit and I'm hoping there may be some fixes:

1. The gear shifter issue (at least for me) is isolated to High gear. All the other gears work well, but I really have to force the shifter to get it into high gear. Anybody know if there are any linkage adjustments?

2. The unit bucks at slow speeds in high gear. I didn't have this with the old unit. I'm hoping this may subside as the unit breaks in. Anybody else experience this?

3. The throttle response, or lack thereof, in reverse is really bothersome. I don't know if this is supposed to be a safety feature or what, but I literally have to depress the gas pedal 1/3 of its full travel before the unit will start moving in reverse. Its also bad in High/Low, but not nearly as much (I have to press the pedal ~15% to 20% of its full travel before the unit responds). Again, anybody know if there might be a linkage adjustment somewhere that can correct this?

4. My Polaris vented hard coat poly windshield has numerous ripples/warps in it. This is not really noticeable on paved roads, but it's really distracting when on trails as the warping becomes pronounced as the ripples/warps move across your field of vision as your moving. Imagine looking in a warped mirror, same effect. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't mean to nit pick, but I'm hoping there will be fixes for these things, other than the windshield which can't be fixed and I'm sure Polaris will not warranty it and take the position that it's "operating as designed".
    2018 Polaris Ranger 1000 XP EPS, Camo.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I have the 2017 version. My first one so I can’t compare. Yup mine shifts harder to high. What I find is pushing slow and easy into any gear works best. I have the glass windshield and it’s awesome. Bucking usually when I first put it into gear before warmup. I have had other issues like a burnt belt the first 20 miles covered by warrantee. I love that Ranger though.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    My only issue is the shifting between gears.
    2017 Sportsman 570 eps sage green
    2018 Ranger 1000 eps pursuit camo
    Polaris front glass
    Polaris back glass
    Polaris sport roof
    Polaris rear bumper
    Polaris brush guard
    Polaris floor mats
    Polaris bed mat
    Polaris metal A-arm guards - for sale
    Polaris rear view mirror
    LED dome light
    Seizmik hood rack - for sale
    Seizmik pursuit side mirrors - for sale
    Pawltector

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

rpr
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Between all gears, or just into High gear?

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    First off, let me say I really like the new machine. Overall, it was a huge upgrade from the 2011 800 XP. However, there are a few things that are bugging me about the unit and I'm hoping there may be some fixes:

1. The gear shifter issue (at least for me) is isolated to High gear. All the other gears work well, but I really have to force the shifter to get it into high gear. Anybody know if there are any linkage adjustments?

2. The unit bucks at slow speeds in high gear. I didn't have this with the old unit. I'm hoping this may subside as the unit breaks in. Anybody else experience this?

3. The throttle response, or lack thereof, in reverse is really bothersome. I don't know if this is supposed to be a safety feature or what, but I literally have to depress the gas pedal 1/3 of its full travel before the unit will start moving in reverse. Its also bad in High/Low, but not nearly as much (I have to press the pedal ~15% to 20% of its full travel before the unit responds). Again, anybody know if there might be a linkage adjustment somewhere that can correct this?

4. My Polaris vented hard coat poly windshield has numerous ripples/warps in it. This is not really noticeable on paved roads, but it's really distracting when on trails as the warping becomes pronounced as the ripples/warps move across your field of vision as your moving. Imagine looking in a warped mirror, same effect. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't mean to nit pick, but I'm hoping there will be fixes for these things, other than the windshield which can't be fixed and I'm sure Polaris will not warranty it and take the position that it's "operating as designed".
    What position do you have the throttle control switch on the dash in? Should be sport, std and work. Work is very slow responding
    Todd Eldridge, Owner of Hunterworks
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

rpr
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have it in Standard mode.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    I want to say all gears. Its not 100% of the time though. Sometimes it shifts easy but other times i really have to push on the shifter to the point i can feel it flex.
    Polaris front glass
    Polaris back glass
    Polaris sport roof
    Polaris rear bumper
    Polaris brush guard
    Polaris floor mats
    Polaris bed mat
    Polaris rear view mirror
    LED dome light
    Seizmik hood rack - for sale
    Seizmik pursuit side mirrors - for sale
    Pawltector

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I always worry with the resistance that shift cable breaking r wearing quickly.

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I have it in Standard mode.
    Put it in performance mode to test it, that is really normal mode for the vehicles without this feature
    Todd Eldridge, Owner of Hunterworks
    www.hunterworks.com
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Ive been keeping mine in work mode since um always going slow. Dont kniw if thats right or not or it may not matter. Beats me.
    Polaris front glass
    Polaris back glass
    Polaris sport roof
    Polaris rear bumper
    Polaris brush guard
    Polaris floor mats
    Polaris bed mat
    Polaris rear view mirror
    LED dome light