Heads up on the 1000XP engine braking - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Heads up on the 1000XP engine braking

This is a discussion on Heads up on the 1000XP engine braking within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Apples to oranges with the last couple posts. We're discussing the the newer 1000xp with the newer clutch that was introduced in 2018? I've found ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Heads up on the 1000XP engine braking

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Apples to oranges with the last couple posts. We're discussing the the newer 1000xp with the newer clutch that was introduced in 2018?
    I've found the 2019 to be smoother in taking off and not as jerky which is a nice improvement as I do backup to trailers and some hazardous materials

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Yep, still belt driven.
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

Member #
    Liked
    767 times
    wow unless your hauling heavy loads i still even in the gullies and I've got some major ones stay in high no problems yet on the ranger but the general low up to forty so i hardly take it out when going into deep creeks or crevasses belts still going on general an I've been pretty hard on it T&S JM2CW

Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    Plus and minus of shifting into high. Will reduce the torque to the tires but if one gets to the bottom of a gully you have to shift again to low and have to stop to keep from grinding the tranny. Not very efficient IMO.
    I do a lot of grinding around on some rolling terrain while doing prescribed burns and try to keep my shifting down if possible
    2017 general 1000 deluxe titanium matte mettalic
    emp windshield
    emp back window
    great day overhead gun rack for A-R
    full trail armor a-arms & skids with rock sliders
    auxbeam 7 inch l e d driving lights

2010 ranger 800 H D
    40 inch led bar
    sti roctanes 26 inchkore m20 14 inch wheels
    h I d headlight
    rhino rears axles
    seat covers
    trail armor skids
    diamond plate floor boards
    dura clutch

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

19 Ranger XP1000 BC
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The feeling of the machine engine braking when letting off the gas is normal, while going down a hill you will feel it engage disengage then re engage is normal but it should be semi smooth. If it starts to decelerate then stop then grab again if feels like its going to throw you through the windshield means there is a problem, the clutches on the new 1000s seem to be a weak point, what I've been seeing is that the one way bearing which is responsible for the engine braking can seize up or stick, if you are feeling what I described most likely there is an issue with your one way bearing and it needs to be replaced. With all the great modifications they did to the new 1000s the clutch seems to be the one thing they ignored. My advice pull that thing out and put a good quality drive clutch in it like an STM or similar. I've seen this exact problem with over 10 machines I ride with from Generals, Rangers and RZRs, the new Turbo S RZR's actually had a bad batch of bushings that were manufactured to small and will come loose and launch themselves around the clutch housing.
    I am convinced my side by sides are eating my money while I'm not looking. 2019 Ranger XP1000 Backcountry with Rhino 2.0 axles STM clutches and a bunch of other crap, 2019 Ranger XP1000, 2016 Ranger 900 with 7200 miles and still running strong, 2015 Sportsman 850, 2019 Sportsman 570, coming soon 2020 Can am Maverick XRS Turbo.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Yes I'm hauling heavy loads. 50 gallon water tank with a piston pump powered by a Honda and 100 foot of 3/4 inch high pressure hose.
    The week of the 4th I was going up and down a flood control dike with the 19 1000xp without issues in both turf mode when it was dry and 4x4 when wet hauling passengers and equipment. Could feel the engine braking but not at all abrupt that we were buckling in and looking for hand holds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links