Thinking about Upgrading...
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Thinking about Upgrading... within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Like the title says, I'm thinking about upgrading, and I have a few questions. I currently have a '17 570 Mid, and I'm thinking about ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rayw72
  • 1 Post By jus10keith

Thread: Thinking about Upgrading...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Like the title says, I'm thinking about upgrading, and I have a few questions. I currently have a '17 570 Mid, and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 1000. Will my current 14" wheels fit on a 1000? Who else has upgraded and wished they didn't? What should i expect, realistically, from a dealer for my 570 as a trade-in. It has around 120ish hours and 750ish miles on it. It will have the factory wheels and tires with maybe 10 miles on them, a top, front and rear windows, and a winch. I'm gonna take the lift and aftermarket wheels and tires off if they will fit the 1000.

The main reason I'm leaning that way is when we go to our hunting lease, its a tight fit with my Dad and son in the 570, and my son is only gonna get bigger.

Posted in the General Discussion Page also...

Thanks in Advance

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Here are few things to consider.

- I doubt the lift or any mid-570 specific accessories will transfer to the 1000. They are two completely different platforms.
    - The 1000 has a much wider stance. Make sure your trailer is wide enough to haul it.
    - The wheels may fit but you'll need lug nuts. The studs on the 1000 are bigger.
    - I have the new 1000 and with my wife, son, and myself it is tight. I'm 6' 3" 275lbs, he is 10 yrs old, she is 5' 4" 115lbs. You may want to consider a crew but the turning radius suffers.
    - No idea on trade-in value. One thing you may want to do is hang on to the 570 for your son. If my 10 yr old son had his own, we'd both be happier.

I mostly use my 1000 for the hunting camp too.
    stainlessman likes this.
    2018 Ranger XP 1000
    Polaris Half Doors | Gilomen Tune/Clutch | Gilomen Mudder Secondary Spring | Gilomen EBS Helix Lock Out Shim
    SuperATV 30X10X14 Intimidator Tires | MSA M26 Vibe Milled/Black [14x7] +0mm Wheels
    EMP Hard Coated Flip-out Windshield | Polaris Premium MB Quart Audio Visor | Wet Sounds Stealth AS-8 350 watt Active Subwoofer
    SuperATV Rear Bumper with Rough Country Flush mount LEDs wired to Reverse switch | Rough Country 30" Curved CREE LED Light Bar
    OTRATTW L-Series Switches | Polaris Premium Roof | LED Headlight bulbs | Polaris PRO HD 4,500 Lb. Winch | MMA 2.5" Lift
    Rough Country 2.5-inch Square Cree LED Lights - (Pair | X5 Series) Work Lights | Polaris OEM Dome Light | Polaris Pulse Roof 6 Busbar

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for replying...
    I did do a little digging, and the lift will fit. Its an MMA and their website says all Polaris models.
    I'm good on trailers.
    Yup, confirmed with dealership today, just need to get the 12mm nuts vs the 3/8" on the 570Mid. He said wheels "should" fit.
    As much as I'd love to keep it, I really don't have the room for 2 SxSs and a 4 wheeler in the garage. Push come to shove, Dad can ride the 4-Wheeler. This is dependent on trade allowance from the dealer to though. Lower than I think it should be, and I'll just sell it outright to someone at the club.
    The extra load capacity on the 1000 is another plus.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

RJ
    Member #
    Liked
    326 times
    If you have struts on your 570....which i think the midsize does. The lift isn't going to work.
    2018 1000 XP Titanium Matte Metallic
    Lock n ride glass windshield and roof
    MMA lift
    27-11-14 Tusk Trilobites
    G5 tune

Past rides
    2004 Ranger. 2x4 with trusty 425
    Built like a tank and still running strong.

2012 800 XP LE
    Wire chaffing fuel pump eater but never left me stranded!

2016 900 XP Titanium Matte Metallic

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    My Polaris dealer gave me a good trade price on a 5 year old 570 Sportsman. Within $1000 of what I paid new. I do take care of my stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    If you have struts on your 570....which i think the midsize does. The lift isn't going to work.

I stand corrected. Thanks for making me question what I read. I went back to the MMA website and looked again. Guess I will be leaving the lift on there..

'18 900XP EPS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcounty View Post
    My Polaris dealer gave me a good trade price on a 5 year old 570 Sportsman. Within $1000 of what I paid new. I do take care of my stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats a helluva deal. a week or so ago i was at the dealership and got a quote for a trade on a northstar edition (i have an '18 900xp with eps and the glass tip out windshield that i bought at said dealer a year ago) he wanted to ding me to the tune of about 2.5-3k iirc... i wasn't particularly impressed.

19 Ranger XP1000 BC
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Your doing the right thing you'll love the 1000 over the 570, the wheels should bolt up almost all newer Rangers use the same bolt pattern as for the lift I have a hard time believing it will fit, the suspension on the new 1000 is completely different.
    I am convinced my side by sides are eating my money while I'm not looking. 2019 Ranger XP1000 Backcountry with Rhino 2.0 axles STM clutches and a bunch of other crap, 2019 Ranger XP1000, 2016 Ranger 900 with 7200 miles and still running strong, 2015 Sportsman 850, 2019 Sportsman 570, coming soon 2020 Can am Maverick XRS Turbo.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTguy1990 View Post
    Your doing the right thing you'll love the 1000 over the 570, the wheels should bolt up almost all newer Rangers use the same bolt pattern as for the lift I have a hard time believing it will fit, the suspension on the new 1000 is completely different.
    Yeah, I left the lift on the 570. Found out this weekend that I could have sold it to a guy in our hunting club that's wanting to lift his 570 Mid-Crew.

This 1000 is a beast compared to the 570 I had. The engine braking is awesome. I will definitely be saving money by not buying brakes on this rig. I can come down "most" of our hills in HI and it will hold back, where I had to drop to LOW and ride the brakes and feather the throttle to hold back the 570.
    summermn likes this.
    2019 1000XP Premium Magnetic Gray

Sponsored Links