Northstar with Tinted Windows - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Northstar with Tinted Windows

This is a discussion on Northstar with Tinted Windows within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Originally Posted by 410Customs Limo tint is known as 5% You tinted the front glass! interesting!! Copy that! My driveway has a mud season, so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Northstar with Tinted Windows

Supporting Member
    (Lenn) Supporting Member Lennstang's Avatar
    2018 Northstar 1000
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 410Customs View Post
    Limo tint is known as 5%
    You tinted the front glass! interesting!!

Copy that! My driveway has a mud season, so the larger tires are to get us ground clearance for that......
    We also use the northstar to commute in the winter, on snow tracks
    Smart move on the warranty have them fix it for ya! I build off road stuff so I knew what I was getting into with this machine........to run big tires, run snow tracks, and use it daily, REQUIRES the aftermarket.
    But I will keep it forever, so I can justify the time and $$$ spent (we build everything we drag home in time)

Thanks for sharing, I LOVE the new Northstars, we have a 2018, but it is really the last of the 2017, so the old body style. The 2018 like yours has many advantages, doors with glass that rolls down!! (we added to our machine) , the WAY better looking plastics, one piece frame for the crew, better HVAC ducts, more tire clearance and most importantly CUP HOLDERS that don't throw your drink!!

Yes, tinted the front glass also! Really works great. Don't even need sunglasses. I bought the Ranger because it was dust free and had AC. Had to seal it up a bit to get it dust free. Removed the front windshield, roof, and rear glass. Then used black silicone caulking to seal up everything. Found the dust trails (leaks) and sealed them up. Took 2 tubes of silicone to seal up the cabin. Lots of leaks behind he seats also. Next season I'm going to add sound insulation under the seats to quiet down the engine noise.
    I did hear that Polaris is working on adding glass cabs and AC on other models. If they do this to the General or RZR models, I'll trade in a heart beat!

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I am looking into tint for mine. Thinking the ceramic tint may be the way to go. Expensive, yes, but may help even more with heat transfer. It’s only 112 in AZ today, so anything that gets an advantage on heat gets my attention.
    Lennstang likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links