2019 northstar...dust
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2019 northstar...dust

This is a discussion on 2019 northstar...dust within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have a 2019 northstar, in which I thought were suppose to be a sealed cab...I have a issue with the dust getting into cab... ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Lennstang
  • 3 Post By 410Customs
  • 1 Post By Phildo

Thread: 2019 northstar...dust

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

2019 northstar...dust

I have a 2019 northstar, in which I thought were suppose to be a sealed cab...I have a issue with the dust getting into cab... wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem..was going to return to dealer see if there's anything they can do about it...

Supporting Member
    (Lenn) Supporting Member Lennstang's Avatar
    2018 Northstar 1000
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Took 2 tubes of black silicone caulking to seal mine up. Just did this 2 weeks ago. Went riding this past weekend and no more dust.
    1. Remove the roof and seal up around all the existing foam.
    2. Remove the front windshield and caulk the entire seal and re-install. Doing this also keeps the windshield from moving around. The stock clamps that hold it in suck.
    3. Remove the seats. You'll see weather stripping and foam with big gaps in the cab corners. Caulk all these areas. Best way to see the gaps and holes is by having someone hold a bright light behind these areas outside the cab. Do it at night and you'll be surprised how may "holes" you'll find.
    4. Seal up all the drain holes in the cup holders, under seat access covers, and by the door seals.
    5. Remove rear window and caulk the seal then re-install.

Lots of work but worth it. I just ordered some sound deadening insulation that also has aluminum facing to help keep out the engine noise and heat. I'll take some pics once it's installed.
    Happy Prospector, prose and krpete like this.

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    it is a sealed cab, the best sealed cab in the industry! That does not mean that it will keep all dust out, it means Polaris did a WAY BETTER job then the competition with their pro fit cab and the seal kit
    If you want more then you gotta DIY like Lennstang did

For me during dust season I just roll up the windows and run the AC, the positive pressure from the air conditioner keeps MUCH of the dust out.......someday I will remove the cab and seal that SOB up with silly cone
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT
    Northstar build thread

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Yeah the key is to keep windows up and blower on for positive air pressure, as 410 said. When I turn my blower off (AC or just fan) I immediately taste dust.
    Lennstang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    A vent or such in front will keep the cab slightly pressurized and dust out.
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

(Kevin) Veteran Member Happy Prospector's Avatar
    Quartzsite, AZ. in the Great American SW Desert
    2019 RangerNorthstar
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennstang View Post
    Took 2 tubes of black silicone caulking to seal mine up. Just did this 2 weeks ago. Went riding this past weekend and no more dust.
    1. Remove the roof and seal up around all the existing foam.
    2. Remove the front windshield and caulk the entire seal and re-install. Doing this also keeps the windshield from moving around. The stock clamps that hold it in suck.
    3. Remove the seats. You'll see weather stripping and foam with big gaps in the cab corners. Caulk all these areas. Best way to see the gaps and holes is by having someone hold a bright light behind these areas outside the cab. Do it at night and you'll be surprised how may "holes" you'll find.
    4. Seal up all the drain holes in the cup holders, under seat access covers, and by the door seals.
    5. Remove rear window and caulk the seal then re-install.

Lots of work but worth it. I just ordered some sound deadening insulation that also has aluminum facing to help keep out the engine noise and heat. I'll take some pics once it's installed.
    Thanks for the great ideas!
    2019 Ranger Crew Cab, Northstar HVAC
    Quartzsite, Arizona in the Great American Southwest

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Thanks everyone for your knowledge and ideas..

(Dennis) Veteran Member rowedoo's Avatar
    2017 Northstar
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Unless your following someone .

Sponsored Links