PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2019 Northstar Crew

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jodey69 
#1 ·
Overheating anyone else having problems ?

#2 ·
I am glad you posted this question. I wonder how many have purchased a 2019 Northstar Crews so far and what their experience with over heating is so far or any other issues related to this particular model.
I have about 100 miles on mine with two rides of about 50 miles each under my belt. First ride temps were in the mid 70's, very dry dusty conditions, had ac on the entire time. No over heating.
Second ride was much different. I had mounted a led light bar on the front bumper that ended up restricting some air flow I am sure. Temp was 90 degrees and very humid.We ran about 1 1/2 hours to a place to have lunch without any problems with the exception it seemed like the ac was not pushing out the cool air it should. After lunch another 1 1/2 hour or so, the ac was blowing out warm air and we over heated. I was not watching the temp gage at all...lesson learned....as it was over heating it did restrict speed to 25 mph and then just shut the engine down. Had a bit of boil over. Waited a while for cool down and drove like another 20 minutes keeping an eye on temp...make it back without over heating. Again dry conditions. I have removed the light bar and the plan was to go riding last weekend to test for over heating but didn't. Plan was to go this weekend but that changed too. Wonder if the problem is with the ac condenser (I think that is what it is) being mounted directly in front of the radiator restricting air to the radiator??

#3 ·
I have the 19 Crew Northstar. We have been riding alot in hot temps. it seems to actually runs cooler with the ac on. I assume it is because the fan is running all the time to cool the condenser. The highest temperature I have seen is 184 with the ac on.
Dennis

#5 ·
We have almost 700 miles on it now. The lowest temps were in the 80s and recently mid 90s and high humidity.
and yes hours at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.