Vacation Next Year - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Vacation Next Year

This is a discussion on Vacation Next Year within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Originally Posted by stainlessman Where do you get info in atving vacations in Sliverton ?? Mother is planning a vacation and would like to ride ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vacation Next Year

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Where do you get info in atving vacations in Sliverton ?? Mother is planning a vacation and would like to ride there after seeing the video. Fly in and rent a sxs. They must have rentals somewhere there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Where do you get info in atving vacations in Sliverton ?? Mother is planning a vacation and would like to ride there after seeing the video. Fly in and rent a sxs. They must have rentals somewhere there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    One I ran accross was Rock Pirates Back country adventures, in Silverton. They have rentals and guided tours.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1225 times
    Steve I'm gonna be in your neighborhood in May. Mother was surfacing airline tickets and found Portland to Raleigh/Durham for $120. round trip. She booked it. So were going to cruise around. Mt Mitchell, head to Pegion Forge, ect..I haven't been to NC in like 7 years so looking forward to biscuits and gravy.
    fswan likes this.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Still making plans for next June, Has anyone rode the Alpine Loop? Silverton to Lake City to Ouray and back? Wondering what to expect for time, conditions etc.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    You can ride Silverton to Lake City over Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass. From Silverton I would expect roughly an 80 mile day. A majority of the riding is smooth gravel roads but if you stop and check out the sites it will be a long day.

Unless you're street legal theirs no good way to connect Ouray to Silverton. So if you're wanting to ride from Ouray check out Yankee Boy Basin, Governor Basin and Imogene Pass. Those trails will take a day to ride and are very scenic. The drive from Silverton to Ouray on Hwy 550 (the million dollar highway) is narrow and curvy, it can be pretty slow going if you get behind an RV or theirs road construction.

Hopefully, that answers your question! Have a good time!
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom Proctor View Post
    You can ride Silverton to Lake City over Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass. From Silverton I would expect roughly an 80 mile day. A majority of the riding is smooth gravel roads but if you stop and check out the sites it will be a long day.

Unless you're street legal theirs no good way to connect Ouray to Silverton. So if you're wanting to ride from Ouray check out Yankee Boy Basin, Governor Basin and Imogene Pass. Those trails will take a day to ride and are very scenic. The drive from Silverton to Ouray on Hwy 550 (the million dollar highway) is narrow and curvy, it can be pretty slow going if you get behind an RV or theirs road construction.

Hopefully, that answers your question! Have a good time!
    Thank you sir, I'm thinking we could make it in a 8 to 9 hour long day using Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass, but my daughter-in-law likes to check out way too many things and spends time on side trips. May have to do it on a day they don't want to ride. I was told that you can't drive through Lake City, but there are "transport" companies that will trailer you.

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gemery View Post
    Thank you sir, I'm thinking we could make it in a 8 to 9 hour long day using Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass, but my daughter-in-law likes to check out way too many things and spends time on side trips. May have to do it on a day they don't want to ride. I was told that you can't drive through Lake City, but there are "transport" companies that will trailer you.
    I've had friends ride through Lake City in the summer of 2017 and 2018. They used hwy 149 to complete the loop to san cristobal lake and then over cinnamon pass. My understanding is that no ohv's are allowed to pass the san cristobal lake turn off on hwy 149.

here's a list of ohv rules for Hinsdale County (Lake City) and then San Juan County (which includes Silverton).

https://hinsdalecountysheriff.com/ohv-regulations

http://sanjuancountycolorado.us/uplo...ed_5-10-17.pdf
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

05 Ranger 500
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gemery View Post
    but my daughter-in-law likes to check out way too many things and spends time on side trips.
    Could just leave her behind??
    05 Ranger 500 4x4 nicknamed "Da Jalapeno" cause its jalapeno green .

Member #
    Either option is going to be good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links