Vacation Next Year
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Vacation Next Year

This is a discussion on Vacation Next Year within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Anyone been to Lake City, CO or Ouray, CO? We are looking at going to this area late June next year. Any suggestions on trails, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vacation Next Year

Member #
    Liked
    151 times

Vacation Next Year

Anyone been to Lake City, CO or Ouray, CO? We are looking at going to this area late June next year. Any suggestions on trails, things to see and do in the area? I already have the Trails Guide book for the area.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Go on YouTube and print: lake city colorado vacation off road trails
    I found tons of videos, also:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

2015 Polaris Ranger
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Lake City is part of the Alpine loop, the trails also connect to Silverton. The best part of both towns is that they provide access to the trails and you can ride in town, however, in Silverton there is a restricted route. If you stay in Lake City, it is a 20-25 mile ride either over Engineer or Cinnamon pass to get to the other trails. We have camped on both sides and prefer Silverton side, but Silverton is really busy during the fourth of July, dusty and rude people, and Lake City seems more civilized during that time. There is a mine tour at the Old Hundred, the Silverton Museum is worth seeing (I'm not a museum person), and the Durango Silverton Train. Animas Fork is a ghost town and can be driven to by Truck (bumpy road) and all is right out of Silverton. The town usually has a fireworks display if conditions allow. You would have to trailer your ride to the trails from Ouray. The highway that connects Silverton to Ouray is called the Million Dollar Highway and has Spectacular views

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Thanks for the input. The wife, and I, really want to ride the train. We have gone ahead and reserved a VRBO house between Durango and Silverton, for the last week of June. I've decided we will probably trailer to Silverton and ride out of there. We would really like to do the Alpine loop. I think I have read that if you start in, and return to, Silverton its like 78 miles. That may too long for some in my group. I have read that Lake City doesn't allow OHV in the city limits but there are shuttle services. I've been looking at some maps and guide books, seems like there are plenty of shorter trips to take the family on. The loop may be a long day for just the guys to take, grandma and the grandkids may to want sit that one out. DH357, my son-in-law, is going too.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Gemery, We're staying in Silverton mid to late July of this year. Its legal to ride through Lake City to complete the Alpine Loop. Make sure any kids going along on the trip have helmets because all children are required to wear a helmet even in a side by side. Make sure you ride Yankee Boy Basin, Governor Basin and Imogene Pass, the trail head is near Ouray, its very beautiful, but as early as your going it may not be open. Most of the passes are open by the 4th of July, so if your going in late June you may run into snow. I've been there several times, so if you have any questions give me a holler.
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Thank you sir, We had a blast last year, rode out of Pitkin a couple of days. The rear cage fits the 570 perfectly. I was able to put some snaps on my poly roof and the tarp worked too. I used two heavy dog collars to tie the two roll cages together and keep the bed from dumping accidently. Attachment 124507
    Ransom Proctor likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Try that again on advanced
    Name:  20180709_100724.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  1.84 MB
    Ransom Proctor likes this.

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Awesome! Glad the cage worked for you guys!
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1226 times
    Where do you get info in atving vacations in Sliverton ?? Mother is planning a vacation and would like to ride there after seeing the video. Fly in and rent a sxs. They must have rentals somewhere there.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Where do you get info in atving vacations in Sliverton ?? Mother is planning a vacation and would like to ride there after seeing the video. Fly in and rent a sxs. They must have rentals somewhere there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links