Summer Doors - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Summer Doors

This is a discussion on Summer Doors within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Originally Posted by jaybey I am moving ahead on the idea of summer doors. I have acquired an 4' x 8' by 1/8" HDPE in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Summer Doors

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybey View Post
    I am moving ahead on the idea of summer doors. I have acquired an 4' x 8' by 1/8" HDPE in black. I have ordered two round boat hatch slam latches. At this point I am planning on using the canvas door frame as a template to make a 1/2" steel frame and attach the HDPE with either pop rivets or screws. This project is still in the planning stage and I am open to suggestions. Wish me luck. I will try to take pictures along the way, no promises.
    Where did you source the 4 x 8 sheet? I am really interested in pics, so it would be much appreciated if you can get us some.
    2018 Ranger 570 Mid
    66" Polaris Pro Plow
    Badlands 3500# winch with synthetic rope
    DIY front windshield with EMP brackets
    EMP hand operated wiper
    DIY rear window
    Mudbusters front and rear
    Classic Accessories camo seat covers
    Forde's accessory wiring
    Handmade overhead radio console w/ interior light
    USB in dash plugs
    Aluminum diamond plate roof
    EMP under seat storage bins
    Polaris "cost cutting" rear beeper kit and reverse lights
    Seizmik soft doors
    Not done yet....

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I have a friend who is a fantastic welder that has volunteered to do the needed welding for summer doors. We are using the canvas door frame as the pattern. He put gussets and curves in the frame and it matches the contour of the body perfectly. We did just the driver's side and took it for three major rides of about 125 miles all together, NO RATTLES. The only weak place was the door latch I tried to use, a boat locker latch. Not enough throw to the latch system. So I have decided to use the latch system off the original doors. If anyone has a pair of OEM door latches they want to get rid of????

Attachment 126999Attachment 127001Attachment 127003Attachment 127005Attachment 127007Attachment 127009
    Last edited by jaybey; 05-19-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    Freedom has a taste only those who have fought for it will ever know.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. An armed society is a polite society.

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS, Polaris tip out windshield, glass rear window, Polaris canvas doors. 3600 lumen driving lights, TMH 20'' Dual Row High Power 126w Cree Light Bar 13000 Lumens
    , led driving lights for back up light, EZ turn signal kit, Garmin Montana 600, UMC ATV tool/storage box, Ricochet rock sliders, home made mud blockers, in bed mounted spare tire, Big Sky roof mount gun rack, Wolo Bad Boy air horn.
    PRC # 1164

Life Member NRA & Golden Eagle Member

Joe - Tucson, Arizona

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Well the HDPE came in white and it matches the white on my Ranger. I have a friend who is great welder and has excellent eye judgement to put things together so they fit very well. I tried and tossed the small boating hatch latches. I went with the OEM hinges and door latches off the canvas doors. I’ll just have to swap them back and forth as needed.
    My next goal is to put in some kind of weather stripping. It will need to be pretty thick to fill the gap between the body and the door. I had a test ride with it last week and they actually sucked in more dust than I would have gotten without doors. I am thinking a combination of on the body and on the door to get a good seal on the front edge and bottom. The back may just be a single piece of weather stripping.
    Freedom has a taste only those who have fought for it will ever know.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. An armed society is a polite society.

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS, Polaris tip out windshield, glass rear window, Polaris canvas doors. 3600 lumen driving lights, TMH 20'' Dual Row High Power 126w Cree Light Bar 13000 Lumens
    , led driving lights for back up light, EZ turn signal kit, Garmin Montana 600, UMC ATV tool/storage box, Ricochet rock sliders, home made mud blockers, in bed mounted spare tire, Big Sky roof mount gun rack, Wolo Bad Boy air horn.
    PRC # 1164

Life Member NRA & Golden Eagle Member

Joe - Tucson, Arizona

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

RJ
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Good deal! Home depot has a pretty good selection of weather stripping. Believe i seen some 3/4 inch stuff on the shelf.
    2018 1000 XP Titanium Matte Metallic
    Lock n ride glass windshield and roof
    MMA lift
    27-11-14 Tusk Trilobites
    G5 tune

Past rides
    2004 Ranger. 2x4 with trusty 425
    Built like a tank and still running strong.

2012 800 XP LE
    Wire chaffing fuel pump eater but never left me stranded!

2016 900 XP Titanium Matte Metallic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links