PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Hrs/Miles

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  TND2018xp 
#1 ·
Hey all, quick question. Have nothing but an Hr meter on the classic. I'm sure it varies, but what average mileage do you have per hour use? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
5 miles per hour@230 hrs=1150 miles

#4 ·
I seldom go over 15 MPH and then only for short distances, most of my riding is done between 5 and 10 MPH and there are periods of idling for warm up becasue I don't like to run my cold engine at high RPMs as I drive down the steep grade to my mailbox. so I'd say my average is probably close to 6 or 7 MPH as a guess. I'm under the weather right now but hopefully within the next couple of days I'll begin to feel better. When that happens I'll take my total miles and divide by total hours for a more accurate average. I might be surprised myself.

Getting the engine heater installed is on my summer "to do" list so I can reduce idling warm up time.

#5 ·
Sounds like she's hanging with you pyro. Feel better soon!

#6 ·
Pyro, you going to have heater on a remote or just have a timer to start the heater as you have a normal going to the box time? Lot of options now with wifi controlled switches
My to do list is to not come back to MN till the corn is coming up. 44 degrees for the high today. Snowing at supper yesterday

#8 ·
1321mi 441hrs 2.99mph, warm-ups, plowing, slow cruising on my trails. I do a short run up the dirt road @ 10-15 mph a couple times a week but doesn't seem to add much.

Reactions: Rangerwhit
#9 ·
Thanks for the well wishes men, I appreciate it. There's nothing I despise more than being sick and this one's a doozie! I haven't had a bug like this in decades. I haven't done anything but blow my nose, cough heavily and sleep since April 26. Worse yet, my wife gave it to me for my birthday along with a package of new socks (which I really needed). Unfortunately she's fighting it too, so we're both suffering and she feels bad for passing it to me. How she still manages to do laundry and take care of other minor necessities is beyond me. I'm beginning to think she may be tougher than me.

Summermn, The engine heater has a built in thermostat so I'll not need any timer. I may not plug it in during summer, I haven't decided yet. Even in summer here it rarely gets above 85-87 and when it does it's only for a few hours. During summer one thing I enjoy is watching the thermometer in my truck as we drive that 1.25 miles up to our house from the main road. It's incredible to see the temperature drop 4 to 6 degrees with altitude. I guess it doesn't take much to amuse a guy that lived his whole life in flat, hot, crowded S. FL where it can be 95 even in winter. Living here is like living in A/C outside in summer.

Ranger, I ended up getting the Firestorm heater for my ride but haven't had time to install it yet. I'll install the engine heater at the same time I install the heater. There's no hurry now, weather here is beautiful and I think we're done with cold weather for the year. I'll be taking my left over ready firewood back out to the woodpile as soon as I get feeling better.

Reactions: Rangerwhit
#10 ·
Sounds like the flu maybe. I don't go a lot of places during the winter but my girlfriend works in an office of 40 so she of course brought the flu home back in Febuary. Even through we had the flu shot. We still go it. Like being hit by a train.
If it don't get better Steve head for the hospital as it could turn into something worse. Pnenumia kills lots of older folks every year. Don't get to run down that you can't bounce back. My physician is very compassionate he says that penumia is 'the young man enemy the old mans friend'.

#13 ·
3841 miles and 321 hours is 11.96.

#14 ·
The Sportsman I sold had 533 hrs and 2000 miles. When I purchased it I bought it from my wife's grandpa and he used to to water apple trees so it had a lot of idle time. When I bought it it only had 700 miles and around 250hrs. I used it predominantly for plowing and occasionally riding. So I put on about 1300 miles and 250 hrs in 6 years.

#15 ·
Mine had 2005 km and 165 hours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.