PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Big Rain

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  TX 3400XL 
#1 ·
Its 1030 and I've had 13 inches of rain over past 7 hours!....will be testing 4wd on buggy soon. Flooded my mancave... shop...well house and workout room. Shittttt

At least house is dry so thankful.....just lost a freezer loaded with Axis steaks, venison and fish.

#3 ·
That stinks. Sorry to hear that.

#4 ·
I would be hard at work getting that meat cooked somehow quick. and a run to get new freezer. When I had a house fire we lost the freezer but contents were ok so a run to get a new one and got busy cooking and smoking anything that thawed.
Good luck. We in the Red river valley are way behind as the weather is so cold. Froze yesterday and some snow in the forecast east of here. Water levels close to normal finally.

#5 · (Edited)
Lost Axis meat! That's unacceptable. I'm in Brady and it's currently a deluge outside but thankfully not inside.....yet. I've never seen it so green here. What part of the great state of Texas are you located?

#6 ·
I drove in rain from Edinburg TX to Ok on the 9th of April. Lots of green and flowers and made the mistake of going south last October through Austin with its floods. Seems the only part thats on the dry side is the Rio Grande valley

#7 ·
I'm on the fine line between the hill country and the desert. Normally the only thing green here is the leaves on live oaks but now the only thing brown is the bark on the trees. Wildflowers were incredible this year. I bet about half of your trip from the valley to Ok was spent in Austin traffic.

#11 ·
We have had 6 1/2" over the last week. 1 3/4" last night.

#14 ·
Got the total rainfall for Tuesday....little over 17 Inches....rain started at 3ish so that was during 9 hours....I'm near Fairchilds which is small town near Richmond TX.

Unbelievable...the freezer kept running in close to 1 foot of water! Meat was saved thankfully...lost a couple recliners but would trade those for all I had in freezer.

Some not so lucky and water in their homes. My man cave was originally made to be a canning building back in the 1920s...has concrete ledge and drain. I just stacked nice stuff up high and squeegeed out water once it went down. Floor is stained concrete so no damage to building at all.

Attachments

#18 ·
Things often get interesting here in MN if the flood waters are connected to real lakes or river. I like bowfishing carp and they taste good if put in salt brine and then smoked. My county road that runs in front of my house has had a culvert washout since Easter.

#19 ·
It has rained so much lately that several lakes are reaching their max. Kaw lake is 33 ft over normal, Ft. Gibson is 20 ft over normal, Keystone is 19 ft. over normal. The Corp of Engineers is close to opening the gates all the way on several lakes which will probably cause massive flooding on the Arkansas river downstream. https://www.newson6.com/story/7724324/oklahoma-lake-levels

#20 ·
Had a ******* friend from LA (state) who had a camp and all electrical boxes were about a foot or two from the ceiling. When we left, we put the furniture up as high as we could. Man he could cook and drink! His motto was "Starve them, get them drunk and they will think you are the best cook in the world"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.