Stripped out torx socket on front differential plugs - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Stripped out torx socket on front differential plugs

This is a discussion on Stripped out torx socket on front differential plugs within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Originally Posted by pede58 Polaris didn't write this manual, unless you paid around $130. correct : if the manual states it's a torx then it's ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Stripped out torx socket on front differential plugs

2015 Ranger 900 XP
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pede58 View Post
    Polaris didn't write this manual, unless you paid around $130.

correct : if the manual states it's a torx then it's either the wrong manual or a knock-off generic one.

I bought the OEM polaris shop manual . No where does it state that it takes a torx bit. All it says is "remove plug" As a matter of fact there are very few places in the manual at all that make refence to the size of the plug/fitting/bolt/nut. Just torque specs. Pretty much everything now is gone metric so it's a no brainer.
    Last edited by Boomer686; 05-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    2015 Ranger XP 900 Hunter Deluxe Edition w / EPS & EBS, heated seats, 4500lb winch, front & rear brush guards, Polaris lock & ride storage box, Polaris Glass Tip-out front Windshield, Polaris Glass Rear Windshield, Polaris Windshield Wiper Kit, Polaris Lock & Ride Bed Extender, Polaris Lock & Ride Dual Gun Boot Kit, Polaris Front & Rear A-Arm Guards, Polaris Fender Flare Kit, Polaris Cab Heater, Polaris Rearview Mirror, Polaris (Carhart) Camo Seat Covers, Polaris 72" Glacier Snowplow w / Hydraulic Lift & Turn, 14" MSA Wheels, 26" Bighorn Tires, MMA 2.5" Lift, 15" Hella 90W LED Front Bumper Light, 35" Hella 180W Roof Mounted LED Light Bar, Hella 35W LED flood beam reverse light, Phoenix 72W LED combo flood & spot box lights.

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    correct : if the manual states it's a torx then it's either the wrong manual or a knock-off generic one.

I bought the OEM polaris shop manual . No where does it state that it takes a torx bit. All it says is "remove plug" As a matter of fact there are very few places in the manual at all that make refence to the size of the plug/fitting/bolt/nut. Just torque specs. Pretty much everything now is gone metric so it's a no brainer.
    This brings up a question:

I have one of those digital manuals I purchased on line for about $10 for the download. I've never seen the expensive Polaris paper manual but for all the world the one I have looks like the genuine article.

The Forward at the beginning of the manual states:
    "The information printed within this publication includes the latest product information at time of print.
    This Service Manual is designed primarily for use by certified Polaris Master Service Dealer® technicians in a properly
    equipped shop and should be kept available for reference. All references to left and right side of the vehicle are from
    the operator's perspective when seated in a normal riding position."

There is another paragraph that advises using the dealer for repairs if you don't understand the manual or have a mechanical background then it states:
    "Publication Printed September 2014 (PN 9925717 R01)"

So, do I have the Polaris manual or not and if so how does the seller of the digital version get around copyright laws to sell them for $10?
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery