OT- We had a visitor this morning - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

OT- We had a visitor this morning

This is a discussion on OT- We had a visitor this morning within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Pole to hang a old blanket on to cover the trap or rope to drag the blanket over. Usually when covered up they simmer down....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: OT- We had a visitor this morning

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Pole to hang a old blanket on to cover the trap or rope to drag the blanket over. Usually when covered up they simmer down.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    While still in NJ we got hit with Hurricane Sandy 30 miles inland from NYC and 90 miles north of the NJ shore we were out for 5 days with no power. A Generac generator that I got for free quit and had no way to keep my 2 sump pumps running and no heat ( it was late October) When we moved from NJ to Vermont we knew that every winter there would be at least 1 or 2 outages per season.
    So with that in mind we decided on a GE Whole house generator set up propane fired (no natural gas around )as recommended by my electrician
    have a bulk 150 gal propane dedicated just for the gen. With my calculations it can run 4 days straight with 70% load and propane distributor is a phone call away
    Ge sold their small gen business to Briggs and Stratton
    small compact generator about the size of a whole house A/C condenser and quiet, metal housing and insulation with optional heated battery blanket and oil heater for cold weather starting
    also has automatic weekly exercising

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Briggs-Stratton-12-000-Watt-Automatic-Air-Cooled-Standby-Generator-040517/305671897?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD28I%7C28-7_GENERATORS%7CNA%7CPLA%7CFixed_WEATHER_CONTROL%7c 71700000050322317%7c58700004937286966%7c9270004280 1522327&gclid=CNGi4qm53-ICFc4grQYdOFkIUw&gclsrc=aw.ds
    2013 900 xp LE with EPS Sunset Red
    poly roof
    tip out glass windshield with wiper/washer
    soft doors
    poly rear glass
    Polaris heat/defrost
    Polaris Glacier Pro 72" steel plow w/ hyd lift and angle
    4500# Viper winch 3/8 steel cable
    S3 Springs Front and Rear lifted it 2"

(Roger) Starting Member chieffan's Avatar
    04 Ranger
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    No bear in this area either but have had a lot of Orioles eating at the Hummer feeders. Have had deer eat out of the dry food bird feeders. My dog got a coon the other night that was headed for the tree the feeders are in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    The skunk move worked out perfect....was at lunch with buds from work and one said I needed to walk up with a tarp and cover the cage..he read that on internet. So being in front of everyone I said offer accepted....we drove to house and he covered it without incident......the release was puckering but skunk didnt spew.

Then I worried all I did was likely move a rabies infested animal to new place
    pyromedic and summermn like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarre View Post
    While still in NJ we got hit with Hurricane Sandy 30 miles inland from NYC and 90 miles north of the NJ shore we were out for 5 days with no power. A Generac generator that I got for free quit and had no way to keep my 2 sump pumps running and no heat ( it was late October) When we moved from NJ to Vermont we knew that every winter there would be at least 1 or 2 outages per season.
    So with that in mind we decided on a GE Whole house generator set up propane fired (no natural gas around )as recommended by my electrician
    have a bulk 150 gal propane dedicated just for the gen. With my calculations it can run 4 days straight with 70% load and propane distributor is a phone call away
    Ge sold their small gen business to Briggs and Stratton
    small compact generator about the size of a whole house A/C condenser and quiet, metal housing and insulation with optional heated battery blanket and oil heater for cold weather starting
    also has automatic weekly exercising

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Briggs-Stratton-12-000-Watt-Automatic-Air-Cooled-Standby-Generator-040517/305671897?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD28I%7C28-7_GENERATORS%7CNA%7CPLA%7CFixed_WEATHER_CONTROL%7c 71700000050322317%7c58700004937286966%7c9270004280 1522327&gclid=CNGi4qm53-ICFc4grQYdOFkIUw&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I'll put that generator on my shopping list. Thank you.
    Rangerwhit likes this.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery
    SVI Traction Control
    SATV Power Steering
    Badland 3500# Winch
    KFI Winch Mount
    KFI 72" Snow Plow
    Sucool 48w LED back up lights

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffan View Post
    No bear in this area either but have had a lot of Orioles eating at the Hummer feeders. Have had deer eat out of the dry food bird feeders. My dog got a coon the other night that was headed for the tree the feeders are in.
    Haven't seen any deer in a while here but the Hummingbirds are feasting at the feeder 7 or so at a time. It's like a swarm of giant bees.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery