Lawn ranger needed - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Lawn ranger needed

This is a discussion on Lawn ranger needed within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; I have a midsize 500, a full size 570, a Mule 610, and the old full size 500 (now dh357's). We got the Mule first, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lawn ranger needed

Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    I have a midsize 500, a full size 570, a Mule 610, and the old full size 500 (now dh357's). We got the Mule first, love it, not getting rid of it, the wife loves it for taking out the trash. Steel bed, manual shifters for 4wd and diff lock, great for utility work, however it is carbureted, not fuel injected, and it is limited to 25 mph, and has no independent rear suspension, but its great for what we use it for. I bought the full size 500 next and it started us on our Ranger journey, it doesn't see a lot of use now and I gave it to my son-in-law. I love my mid size 500 for trail riding, and running around the farm, has a lot more pep, smoother suspension and will go anywhere, its been to several states and over several mountains. I bought the full size 570 for the kids and grandkids and it now has a rear cage and seats in the bed. It definitely has more power, little less maneuverable but its a great machine and many of the dealers run some great deals on them later in the summer (year end closeouts). That is when we bought it.

There are pros and cons for all of them. Any of them would make a great yard machine, I would say look at your local dealers and see which fits your needs the best. Dealer service, aftermarket parts availability and ease of maintenance are also big factors.
    2012 Red Ranger 500 EFI, 2017 Full size 570, and we still have the 2005 mule 610, 5 antique tractors, 3 dogs, 2 kids, two granddaughters and two grandsons, and glad to be retired.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    [QUOTE=Rangerwhit;1231665]Tsc or Cabellas? Pro shop? The ones I've seen where Coleman brand at tsc. I meant to say mechanicals were underwhelming..not mechanics by the way.

The ones I've seen ALL had busted parts somewhere....such as cargo bed, dash components or cargo bed latch system. Seemed too big to have a one banger motor too.....tie rods and suspension parts seemed lightweight to me too.

Lord only knows where you get parts and I know tsc doesnt carry replacement parts for them. Turn around twice and tsc will move on to another brand.

We do have a go kart buggy I got from tsc over 10 years ago...can't find steering parts for it and tsc shrugs their shoulders saying hmmm...didnt know we ever sold those.

Member #
    Liked
    1625 times
    [QUOTE=TX 3400XL;1231713]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerwhit View Post
    Tsc or Cabellas? Pro shop? The ones I've seen where Coleman brand at tsc. I meant to say mechanicals were underwhelming..not mechanics by the way.

The ones I've seen ALL had busted parts somewhere....such as cargo bed, dash components or cargo bed latch system. Seemed too big to have a one banger motor too.....tie rods and suspension parts seemed lightweight to me too.

Lord only knows where you get parts and I know tsc doesnt carry replacement parts for them. Turn around twice and tsc will move on to another brand.

We do have a go kart buggy I got from tsc over 10 years ago...can't find steering parts for it and tsc shrugs their shoulders saying hmmm...didnt know we ever sold those.
    IMHO, finding replacement parts for any of the Chinese machines will be the biggest problem. There may be someone out there that has them but I doubt they have a large inventory and you may wait months for a part to come from China.

Maybe someone with actual experience will tell me I'm wrong.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery
    SVI Traction Control
    SATV Power Steering
    Badland 3500# Winch
    KFI Winch Mount
    KFI 72" Snow Plow
    Sucool 48w LED back up lights

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Lawn Ranger Needed

[QUOTE=pyromedic;1231805]
    Quote Originally Posted by TX 3400XL View Post

IMHO, finding replacement parts for any of the Chinese machines will be the biggest problem. There may be someone out there that has them but I doubt they have a large inventory and you may wait months for a part to come from China.

Maybe someone with actual experience will tell me I'm wrong.
    I went to Cabela's site, and the Intimidator UTV's are very impressive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links