Lawn ranger needed
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Lawn ranger needed

This is a discussion on Lawn ranger needed within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; I am needing your advise on which 2019 Ranger would be best suited for lawn work. A Ranger that has good turning radius, one that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lawn ranger needed

Member #

Lawn ranger needed

I am needing your advise on which 2019 Ranger would be best suited for lawn work. A Ranger that has good turning radius, one that is the quietest, & 4WD, basically a golf cart with 4WD.
    Thanks in advance.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Doesn't the EV have 4 wheel drive. I seen one at the dealer this AM. Would be no noise as its electric! Couple more years till the new battery technology comes with many more times the capacity of Pb or Li
    Welcome
    Last edited by summermn; 06-05-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Member #
    I think that a gas engine would be more cost effective plus reliable. The 570 is my guess that would be the best choice, but the engine may be to noisy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I would go with gas engine....regardless of model you select it will be quite than any lawnmower..weedeater..edger or chainsaw. Way quite than a gas air blower.

I would say the 570 or Kawasaki Mule. The Mule is well built and has basic manual controls for 4wd and rear wheel locker.

Either will fit the bill...I would go take them for a spin and compare how they fit ya.

I would see if you could rent one for a weekend and use the hell out of it...by the end you will know if it's for you or not.

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    On the hunting shows I see BadBoy buggies and a ton of other golf cart type 4x4 rigs. I would think with Textron and Bass Pro joining forces price and model choice would be another company to look at.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    On the hunting shows I see BadBoy buggies and a ton of other golf cart type 4x4 rigs. I would think with Textron and Bass Pro joining forces price and model choice would be another company to look at.
    I work on those that you mentioned and in my experience parts and informational resources are the biggest problems. There are almost limitless options on where to get parts (OEM and aftermarket) for the majors brands, e.g. Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. Not so much for the Textron, Hisun, Massimo, Bass Pro, etc. By informational resources, I mean places like this site, downloadable service manuals and the like. I'm a warranty service center for Coleman that Tractor Supply sells (just a Hisun in disguise) and you should see the factory service manual. It will tell me not to drop or submerge a particular sensor in water but give me 0 specs. No voltage measurements, resistance specs, nothing.
    summermn, Rangerwhit and rocknroll like this.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I'm a novice mechanic at best but do all the work I can on my own stuff....I have worked on several Mules for friends including axle swaps, front lifts and steering alignment etc...I have to say the Mule is worth a look...I like my bobcat and it has amenities the mule doesn't and rides like a Cadillac in comparison to the Mule...but the Mule is a heavy duty rig. Rear axles are u joint... the hubs are bigger and lugs are twice the size as polaris. The ones I've worked on have drum brakes as an example.... they're very utilitarian but stout.

If you are trail riding or rough terrain then buy a kidney belt so you don't pee blood though.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I've crawled around those coleman's a few times. They are actually well setup for the price but the suspension and mechanics are underwhelming to me.

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Tsc or Cabellas? Pro shop?

Edit, 570.
    Last edited by Rangerwhit; 06-06-2019 at 01:06 AM.
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

2017 Ranger 570 Mid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I think the EV would be heavier, but may not. My ‘17 Ranger Midsize 570 has turf mode/one wheel drive. It seems to work in the yard pretty well, but it still puts dents where the treads are when I have a load.
    2017 Ranger 570 Midsize, stock tires/wheels with a few accessories like bed rack, roof, windshields.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links