Chevron Introduces Techron Protection Plus Fuel Treatment For Powersports
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Chevron Introduces Techron Protection Plus Fuel Treatment For Powersports within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Oil and lubricant company Chevron has released a new fuel additive designed specifically for ATVs and side-by-sides, as well as other powersports equipment and small ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Chevron Introduces Techron Protection Plus Fuel Treatment For Powersports

Supporting Member
    Sponsored Editorial Content Off-Road.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Oil and lubricant company Chevron has released a new fuel additive designed specifically for ATVs and side-by-sides, as well as other powersports equipment and small engines. The new Techron Protection Plus Powersports & Small Engine Fuel System Treatment is available now at AutoZone.com, Walmart.com and Amazon.com, with additional retailers to be announced soon.

Read More>>
    wgarcar1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    My experience with engine additives that go in the gas tank is bad. The additive I was using actually caused the lining of the fuel cell on my old Nissan PU to peal off and cause lots of fuel line blockage trouble.
    Freedom has a taste only those who have fought for it will ever know.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. An armed society is a polite society.

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS, Polaris tip out windshield, glass rear window, Polaris canvas doors. 3600 lumen driving lights, TMH 20'' Dual Row High Power 126w Cree Light Bar 13000 Lumens
    , led driving lights for back up light, EZ turn signal kit, Garmin Montana 600, UMC ATV tool/storage box, Ricochet rock sliders, home made mud blockers, in bed mounted spare tire, Big Sky roof mount gun rack, Wolo Bad Boy air horn.
    PRC # 1164

Life Member NRA & Golden Eagle Member

Joe - Tucson, Arizona

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    I use Techron super contentrate and SeaFoam and have had good results with both.
    The Seafoam saved me from a three carb rebuild on an outboard boat motor a few years back.
    jungleman and jobo2856 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    This is ridiculous.... why in the hell can't they just sell ethanol free fuel and admit its crap. Its like adding cottage cheese to gasoline.

There's a web site that shows where ethanol free is sold nationwide....I will have to drive 30 miles but I'm going to do it.

Either that or see if a fuel delivery company will hook my up with an above ground tank.
    pyromedic and jobo2856 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TX 3400XL View Post
    This is ridiculous.... why in the hell can't they just sell ethanol free fuel and admit its crap. Its like adding cottage cheese to gasoline.

There's a web site that shows where ethanol free is sold nationwide....I will have to drive 30 miles but I'm going to do it.

Either that or see if a fuel delivery company will hook my up with an above ground tank.
    I agree. Only thing that goes in my small engines is e-free. I can clean a carb in the middle of a snow storm, but can't buy a new one. Fortunately I don't have to drive 30 miles to get it though, but I would.
    pyromedic likes this.
    2018 Ranger 570 Mid
    66" Polaris Pro Plow
    Badlands 3500# winch with synthetic rope
    DIY front windshield with EMP brackets
    EMP hand operated wiper
    DIY rear window
    Mudbusters front and rear
    Classic Accessories camo seat covers
    Forde's accessory wiring
    Handmade overhead radio console w/ interior light
    USB in dash plugs
    Aluminum diamond plate roof
    EMP under seat storage bins
    Polaris "cost cutting" rear beeper kit and reverse lights
    Seizmik soft doors
    Not done yet....

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    I spend a lot of time researching gas, oil, additives etc. I wish that straight gas was more common. For those of us that do use the E10 fuel I think this a good option. I use Sta-bil anyway, and Techron is a proven quality product. At on ounce per 4 gallons it is fairly economical. I ordered some Sunday from Walmart and will be using it this season instead of Sta-bil. Killing two birds with one stone and see how it does for my small engines, bikes, quads and Ranger.
    2014 Solar Red Crew 900 "Rangy"
    RVS Stage 2 Tune
    HMF Titan QS
    DDP EBS clutch kit with Hunterworks Thick Belt and one way bearing kit.
    Two Switch SVI Traction Control
    Elka Stage 3 from iShocks
    SATV half doors from WhoMoto
    SATV Forward A-Arms
    28x10-14 Rage Mohave (Discount Tire) DOT tires on STI HD3 Wheels
    Pawltector parking brake.
    SSV Works 4 speaker overhead audio for a RZR from Black Friday FIX My Toys deals lol!

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    I despise ethanol in fuel. That said, one can probably get away with using it without much trouble when there is no non ethanol available as long as they go through a full tank within a month and never store their vehicle for long periods with fuel in the fuel system (tank, lines carb, EFI). If I had to store my Ranger for a year in doors or even 6 months outdoors and no non ethanol fuel was available I'd drain my tank and add some of that ready mix canned two cycle fuel, run the engine a minute or so on that and store it. The ready mixed two cycle fuel has no ethanol, includes fuel stabilizer and has oil at 50:1 which won't hurt a thing and may actually be helpful in preventing corrosion. It's a lot of money to spend on a gallon of fuel but still cheaper than fixing what ethanol and phase separation causes and your machine will be ready to run after refilling with new fuel when you take it out of storage.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TruSouth...5606/205913129
    summermn, BPS, rocknroll and 1 others like this.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids
    Odyssey Battery
    SVI Traction Control
    SATV Power Steering
    Badland 3500# Winch
    KFI Winch Mount
    KFI 72" Snow Plow
    Sucool 48w LED back up lights

BPS
    Everything
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I've got a little test going that may or may not work but it's easy and free so I thought I'd try. I have two clear plastic bottles sitting on a shelf in my shop that I drilled a 1/4" hole in the cap. My shop is not climate controlled during summer and I open the roll up doors every day. I put premium pump fuel in both bottles but added this new Powersports Techron to one of them. I dated the bottles and took a picture. Suggestions on anything else I should do are welcomed.
    chrismorlo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Here is a site that will tell you where the ethanol free fuel is located.
    With that said I use E-10 year round in all my equipment. Add Stabil red into the gas cans and fill to capacity. Never had a carb issue after storing the rider mower for the winter in sub zero temps. I have the battery on a maintainer and will start and run it for 10 to 15 min. once a month during dormant season.
    I missed a year with Stabil due to a medical reasons and next spring start up was terrible.
    My 2 stroke gas/oil mix with Stabil sits for months at times not being used and when it is needed for the line trimmer or chain saw it runs good

https://www.gasbuddy.com
    2013 900 xp LE with EPS Sunset Red
    poly roof
    tip out glass windshield with wiper/washer
    soft doors
    poly rear glass
    Polaris heat/defrost
    Polaris Glacier Pro 72" steel plow w/ hyd lift and angle
    4500# Viper winch 3/8 steel cable
    S3 Springs Front and Rear lifted it 2"

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarre View Post
    Here is a site that will tell you where the ethanol free fuel is located.
    With that said I use E-10 year round in all my equipment. Add Stabil red into the gas cans and fill to capacity. Never had a carb issue after storing the rider mower for the winter in sub zero temps. I have the battery on a maintainer and will start and run it for 10 to 15 min. once a month during dormant season.
    I missed a year with Stabil due to a medical reasons and next spring start up was terrible.
    My 2 stroke gas/oil mix with Stabil sits for months at times not being used and when it is needed for the line trimmer or chain saw it runs good

https://www.gasbuddy.com
    The StaBil red stuff is great for long term storage but it doesn't prevent phase separation on ethanol based fuels (unless StaBil has changed something since I last visited their web site) I put the red StaBil in every ounce of gasoline I add to my Ranger and small equipment, using non ethanol fuel, just in case something unexpected should happen (injury, hospital, unexpected trip, etc) and I don't get to use my stuff for a while. Adding it to every 5 gallon can of non ethanol I buy doesn't add much to the cost of fuel; I view it as cheap insurance.

Previously, when only E-10 was available, I added the red StaBil and the Marine Formula StaBil for ethanol fuel. At the time that was what was recommended on the StaBil web site. I found the advice to do that in their FAQ section. Since then I know StaBil has introduced some new products adding the term "360" to them and advertising that they prevent corrosion of steel fuel tanks. What else they have done I don't know.
    chrismorlo likes this.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size XP
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Wiper ready Windshield
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Glass Rear Window
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Roof
    Lock N Ride Polaris Pro Fit Poly Doors with Hinged Windows
    Polaris Windshield Wiper
    Polaris Battery Connection Kit
    Duraclutch
    KFI Front Lower Hitch Receiver
    Pawltector Parking Brake
    Trail Armor Skids