Polaris new model releases ?? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris new model releases ??

This is a discussion on Polaris new model releases ?? within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; New model release is the end of July. I saw that from a very accurate post on the RZR forum. I have no idea what ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Polaris new model releases ??

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    New model release is the end of July. I saw that from a very accurate post on the RZR forum.

I have no idea what Polaris will release. I kinda wonder if they'll refresh the mid sized and 900's? But then again the Ranger 900's are the best selling in their lineup. I'd be in favor of minor improvements that would enhance durability and longevity.

Battery tech is all good and fine, but what about longevity as far as batteries are concerned? What about range? 50 miles? 100 miles? Sure when the temps are 70 degrees. But what about when its 0?
    thestir likes this.
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Yeah, if we ride 100 to 120 miles a day camping on the trail for a week it would be hard to stay charged.....
    2014 Solar Red Crew 900 "Rangy"
    RVS Stage 2 Tune
    HMF Titan QS
    DDP EBS clutch kit with Hunterworks Thick Belt and one way bearing kit.
    Two Switch SVI Traction Control
    Elka Stage 3 from iShocks
    SATV half doors from WhoMoto
    SATV Forward A-Arms
    28x10-14 Rage Mohave (Discount Tire) DOT tires on STI HD3 Wheels
    Pawltector parking brake.
    SSV Works 4 speaker overhead audio for a RZR from Black Friday FIX My Toys deals lol!

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    I would like to see a makeover of the 900, like improved cab sealing with the new roll down doors offered, allong with a cab refreshed interior, and some mechanical improvements and a stock parking brake !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    116 years ago they said man couldn't fly. A Wright proved that wrong! Tech is changing so fast with the ability to share and search with a click or "hey google"
    The new snowmobile is claimed to have a range of 60 miles. Elon Musk just said that 400 mile electric cars are close. Self driving cars are here.
    Early 80's the first freestanding wood pellet stove was being sold. Today good chunk of Europe is using wood pellets or a form of them to produce heat and electricity and converting coal plants.
    I don't think that getting a better battery will be much of a problem. We were just starting to get a cell phone with a bag battery 30 years ago and now I have a phone not much bigger than a deck of cards thats connected to the net and the battery lasts days.
    Rangerwhit and Ransom Proctor like this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanLE View Post
    I would like to see a makeover of the 900, like improved cab sealing with the new roll down doors offered, allong with a cab refreshed interior, and some mechanical improvements and a stock parking brake !!
    and arched a-arms
    catmanLE likes this.
    2019 Ranger XP900 EPS
    Poly doors with power
    Front and back hardcoat poly windshields
    Poly roof
    Cab seal kit
    SuperATV #4500 winch
    HMW skid plates
    Polaris dome light kit
    Homemade rear mud guards
    FrogSkinz intake covers
    12" Auxbeam LED lightbar
    Auxbeam LED headlight bulbs
    Reverse lights

Member #
    Liked
    431 times
    Charging the batteries get have to come from a generator of sort. Nuclear is clean if contained. Those stacks put some heat up. IMHO future generations must deal with it. Kick the can down the road. Rock you. Will...
    2007 Ranger 500 (Carb)

(Ransom) Elite Member Ransom Proctor's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by summermn View Post
    116 years ago they said man couldn't fly. A Wright proved that wrong! Tech is changing so fast with the ability to share and search with a click or "hey google"
    The new snowmobile is claimed to have a range of 60 miles. Elon Musk just said that 400 mile electric cars are close. Self driving cars are here.
    Early 80's the first freestanding wood pellet stove was being sold. Today good chunk of Europe is using wood pellets or a form of them to produce heat and electricity and converting coal plants.
    I don't think that getting a better battery will be much of a problem. We were just starting to get a cell phone with a bag battery 30 years ago and now I have a phone not much bigger than a deck of cards thats connected to the net and the battery lasts days.
    LOL! You obviously don't use your phone if the battery lasts for days! With high usage my Iphone battery dies pretty quick. I don't deny battery power as an option, but they have limitations and while the tech is in its infancy, we have a long way to go. The current Ranger EV is 700 lbs heavier and over $2000 more than a Ranger 500.

The Wright brothers did fly but they didn't use a battery. Could we fly a 747 with a battery? We still need good old fashion jet engines for that. Maybe someday.
    Ransom Proctor

2018 Ranger Crew 1000 Sunset Red

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Well it only took 66 years to go from Kitty Hawk to the the moon. That was before before cell phones having many more times the computer power of what the space shuttle flew with. I believe its google that is developing a plane to fly for many days powered by solar and batteries to make a platform to provide internet. Hard to beat a fuel powered vehicle for heavy lifting but we did fly a nuclear powered plane.
    Ransom Proctor likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    482 times
    Keep the ICE.
    Use hydrogen as fuel.
    Totally non polluting and we will never run out of it as it turns back into water when you burn it.

It might cost a little more.....
    And it might be dangerous to transport and use.
    Probably not as dangerous as nuclear.

But lots of power potential, especially if you use both nuclear and hydrogen together.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Nissan showed off its hydrogen powered truck in the spring of 2005. They had a parabolic mirror to produce the energy needed to fill tanks in your garage to top off your truck. If you had a power shortage or brown out you could plug the house into the truck. They said they could produce the truck and the hydrogen production system cheaper than a gasser as its electric and needing no transmission or expensive emissions equipment.
    rocknroll likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links