Polaris new model releases ?? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris new model releases ??

This is a discussion on Polaris new model releases ?? within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Originally Posted by Ransom Proctor New model release is the end of July. I saw that from a very accurate post on the RZR forum. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Polaris new model releases ??

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom Proctor View Post
    New model release is the end of July. I saw that from a very accurate post on the RZR forum.

I have no idea what Polaris will release. I kinda wonder if they'll refresh the mid sized and 900's? But then again the Ranger 900's are the best selling in their lineup. I'd be in favor of minor improvements that would enhance durability and longevity.

Battery tech is all good and fine, but what about longevity as far as batteries are concerned? What about range? 50 miles? 100 miles? Sure when the temps are 70 degrees. But what about when its 0?
    Can't plow with electric at 0* F
    Ransom Proctor likes this.
    2013 900 xp LE with EPS Sunset Red
    poly roof
    tip out glass windshield with wiper/washer
    soft doors
    poly rear glass
    Polaris heat/defrost
    Polaris Glacier Pro 72" steel plow w/ hyd lift and angle
    4500# Viper winch 3/8 steel cable
    S3 Springs Front and Rear lifted it 2"

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Tesla hopes to unveil electric pickup end of summer. So get your electric truck mounted with a plow. Battery production is what is slowing their product introductions according to shareholders meeting 2 days ago
    Rangerwhit likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Many things are cool about electric vehicles but no way do I want that battery powered sled 100lbs heaver than comparable 2 stroke models. The range quoted is questionable IE what was the temp what we the condition's when they got their data. I like think that they are saying it will never go more then this amount of miles. Were I go there is no electric power available and I do not wish to carry a generator. Then there is the carbon foot print required to make the batteries os the saving the planet thing is not all it's quoted to be.
    2014 XP 900 dyno jet fuel controller, SATV double wide rev chain, gear reduction (325 ACE), turf delete, front and rear winch, 30" ITP Blackwaters on tusk beadloc wheels, half doors with removable windows (home made), side rails cover system for dump bed, plastic roof, modified seizmik folding front windshield full rear window, longer gas shocks, full skid plate and rock sliders, front rack

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    I agree the production of Lithium for batteries is not a good one and neither is the production of rare earth materials for magnets. The new batteries won't be using Li.
    If memory serves me right, a Li mining site was used for testing the lunar rover. Pretty void of anything.
    Want to see a new engine design? Mazda cars this fall will have a spark assist compression ignition gas engine. Supposed to be very high mileage like a diesel but not needing the particulate traps and urea recharge system
    Last edited by summermn; 06-13-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Hate to be old school...but I prefer old school. If I had a choice between battery electric powered utv and a gas or diesel utv......if range was identical as well as power. I would go with gas or diesel. If range of electric was greater....still would go old school.

I like the sound and the idea of refueling in minutes. Plus all the pollution and residual pollution of batteries.

My diesel is loud but I like the sound...instant power ....and idea of refueling instantly. My rides wouldn't be the same in silent mode....if I wanted a golf cart then I would have bought one.
    rocknroll and Ransom Proctor like this.

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TX 3400XL View Post
    Hate to be old school...but I prefer old school. If I had a choice between battery electric powered utv and a gas or diesel utv......if range was identical as well as power. I would go with gas or diesel. If range of electric was greater....still would go old school.

I like the sound and the idea of refueling in minutes. Plus all the pollution and residual pollution of batteries.

My diesel is loud but I like the sound...instant power ....and idea of refueling instantly. My rides wouldn't be the same in silent mode....if I wanted a golf cart then I would have bought one.
    I'm sure we could find you a sound track with a old diesel running to play on the stereo and mount a under seat subwoofer to shake the seat

Member #
    Liked
    491 times
    Old school for me too.
    I see the current state of the art in electric off road that the public can actually buy in the EV posts on another forum and it only reinforces my disdain for battery powered vehicles.
    No way for me.
    Sum it up bottom line there is nothing that is a plus in my mind for my use that a battery is better at.
    Overall pollution including production and disposal of the batteries, power, range to refuel, convenience to refuel, convenience of maintenance if you include fixing the corrosion problems, overall cost and then add even more cost to replace the batteries in a few years, weight, etc.
    And I love the sound of my 900 mill that will run 60 mph.
    Ransom Proctor likes this.

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1258 times
    I see on Motor Week that Ford will be releasing a 2020 electric F150. 400 mile range on a charge and Ford isn't looking for batteries from other makers or companys. They have set up their own R&D and have built their own battery production factory. A green customer of mine(ie:tree hugging bastard) drives a Leaf. He was here the other day and said the new model Nissan Leaf just doubled the mileage it can go and he was heading off to trade for the newer model.
    I think it was on NBC a few months back the story about tests done on electric cars in temps 30-40*F. the range they could go was cut by 50%. The colder it got. The less the range. Telsa of course had the best range at 10*F. But it was still cut 50%.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Do you think that Polaris will adopt that kind of a ride in the future?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 ranger 900 XP full size. from sky motorsports of Lake wales fl
    KOLPIN 6.0 gun boot+bed mount for the AR. from kolpin.com
    KOLPIN KXP Rhino Grip XL Double Set for Polaris Ranger Lock N Ride UTV 21517
    Multi-Vent front Shield W/HardCoat (77-9525) and rear(77-9600). from utvheadquarters.com
    heavy duty aluminum roof. from Marty at whomoto.com
    Hornet R-3024 Ranger Hi Lift UTV Jack and mount. from ebay
    20" LED green Light Bar/120 Watts/Waterproof. from TexStar Lighting 936-337-4333
    6" round white LED lights under bed. from ebay
    4500 lb KFI front winch. from ebay
    ITP MUDLIGHT XL tires ( 25 x 11-12; 489 on fronts and 25 x 12-12; 489 on rears) no rubbing from ebay
    POLARIS brush guard. from polaris

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Seems can-am is making a lot of nice improvements i would like to see polaris feature on there new machines,more firewall insulation, redesigned muffler and recalibrated cvt. all for quieter operation. And not to mention the increased hp. and trq. on the hd 10 and last but not least a simple parking brake !!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links