I hooked a volt meter to the battery on the Ranger.When the machine is idling it is putting out about 14.6 volts.When you raise the rpm,s to about 3000 the meter reads up to 17 volts.Will this cause a future battery problem?I just installed a new battery.
Thanks for clarifying, Larry.
Yes, 17 volts is too much. You shouldn't be seeing any higher than the lower reading of 14.6 volts that you mentioned. Typically, one would see somewhere around 12.5 to 13 volts at idle, and 14 to 14.5 volts in the upper RPM range.
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.