PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a SP ECU. I am looking at the possibility of adding a new cam for a little more performance but not break the bank. I checked out DDP's website, but he does not list a cam for this old XP anymore. I emailed him a couple times, but have not gotten a response.

That leaves me with 3 options. Bikeman is the most expensive, next is the Hot Cams, and finally a SP700. I am looking at total cost. The Bikeman will require me to add a fuel controller and maybe more which prices me out of that option. What about the hot cams? Their website does not mention this and it will run with the stock valve springs. Can someone verify what changes are required for the mudbuster? Retail is $199, but I have seen these as low as $125. I assume the SP700 cam is a drop in without any changes especially since I already have the SP ECU. A used SP700 cam can be bought for $70. The cam listed for the SP700 upgrade in the PRC sticky is for a 04-08. The Hot Cams website lists their cam for 02-04 Sportsman. What is the difference? Will the cam from a 02-04 SP700 work in the 06 XP?

Thanks

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Sportsman cams will work, but you'd probably want the '05 and up (EFI).

If you use something radical like Bikeman or Hot Cams, you're probably going to want a fuel controller to see the full benefit. The SP ECU will not dump enough fuel to make max power.

Dale at DPP is not big on email. You'd be better off giving him, a call and picking his brain. I'm SURE that he has something that will work for you and can give you the details on what combinations will and will not work well together.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
I ran the mud buster, with cheap fuel controller, (good gains) then the DDP cam with a Dobeck in my 05 700. (Better gains) Both required a fuel controller to get any real gains. I also ran a bored throttle body and an 800 head to make it run its best. To get big gains you need to go 800 kit. That's what I did on my 09 and it ran well.
The SP cam would be a waste of time, no significant gains there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts