PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Polaris Ranger XP 700 LE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Ranger XP 700 LE. I’ve searched many forums to find out how to fix my problem without any luck. Turf Mode stopped working but the solenoid does click when turning the key on, when switched to 2wd/AWD the solenoid is activating, and clicks when put back to turf mode. I pulled the solenoid and watched it going through the above switch positions. When going back to turf mode the rob extends but won’t hold pressure. Very lightly touching it with my finger the solenoid rob will retract back in and it feels like it’s vibrating. Voltage at the plug to the solenoid is 4.35v. I checked it with two different multimeters. I removed the solenoid and put on two jumper wires. I ran them to a 12v battery and the solenoid rod extends and holds pressure. Pretty hard to push in and will extend back out when let go. I only did this for a few seconds, 10-15 max. My understanding is a voltage regulator is somewhere on the frame and the plug should read 3.5v maximum. I can’t find it. What is the problem here and how do I fix it? Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Welcome Daniel ......... The rear differential solenoid on a 2007 (2410368 SOLENOID ) is regulated by the ECU . Every time you turn the key in turf mode, the ECU shoots about 11ish vdc to the solenoid for about two seconds to kick the plunger out and then to AVOID FRYING THE SOLENOID.....it receives pulsed (intermittent) power to keep the plunger out ...WAH-LA (turf mode)

Moving out of turf mode with the 2/4 wheel drive switch, the plunger is returned back into the body of the solenoid by a spring. Pulsed power is terminated and the spring puts pressure on the plunger and it withdraws. It is now out of turf mode.
Two things .......... don't shoot constant 12 vdc for more than a couple seconds to the solenoid.
Power is not used to retract the plunger.

Not unusual for a 14 year old solenoid to get mushy and then quit working totally. I replaced mine at about 1000 hours (4) years ago, with one I found on EBAY . www.powersportsnation also always has a pile of them . Certain models up to 2016 800 6X6 use the same part number so you may be able to get a 'newer' one for less than the $260 bucks a new one cost. Look up your rear differential on www.partzilla.com and find the solenoid. They will give you all the model and years that it fits and then check EBAY or powersportsnation......

I would carefully check the wiring going back to the solenoid and then start shopping......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jungle man thanks for the welcome and info! Here is a video to help explain what I’m seeing on my end. I went over the wiring and can’t find any issues. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Daniel....GREAT VIDEO ! I can't understand what you are saying in the middle of the video though.

I see 11ish volts going into turf mode and then pulsed power ..........Then I see Zero volts as you go into 2/4wd which is normal.

If the plunger won't maintain erection during 'pulsed power' the solenoid is........................bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jungleman thanks! I’ll look at those sites you listed and get a new one ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts