PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here it goes... third hand to me I think? 07 700cc xp ranger. idles great, accelerates great to about mid rpms then when given more gas at peddle it boggs and no more, checked plugs they were black... sooty black. cleaned plugs and did code check..41 45 25. replaced tbap harness to good wire....cleared codes by removing neg wire at battery for 1/2 hr and ran again and same problem but no codes except for 25. ??????. I need help.... everything I have done was suggested by (local experts) and set new TPS to suggested setting according to members of this site for 07 700cc rangers. oh by the way new amazon injectors the blue ones.

·
Administrator
7,761 Posts
Charlie, 25 shows up from time to time on all 2007 700's......then disappears . The ECU gets confused about what gear it it in. Not a fan of aftermarket injectors... What was the fuel pressure before you installed the new injectors ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie, 25 shows up from time to time on all 2007 700's......then disappears . The ECU gets confused about what gear it it in. Not a fan of aftermarket injectors... What was the fuel pressure before you installed the new injectors ?
39-40 ish,(the gauge I have flutters). The reason I replaced them was one cylinder was fouling plug, so I replaced them as a pair.

·
Registered
2016 Ranger Crew 900xp
12 Posts
Also it might need s tps adjustment. It's a bare on those machines. I know I know everyone says to use a multi meter to adjustbit but it's not a straight forward process. Never had luck with Chinese tps either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also it might need s tps adjustment. It's a bare on those machines. I know I know everyone says to use a multi meter to adjustbit but it's not a straight forward process. Never had luck with Chinese tps either.
Yeah I know but I adjusted it accordingly with specs recommended here. The tps is Polaris OEM part right out of factory parts bag. My problem is right at 25mph more throttle it just falls flat no more with slight blips of clarity. like I said above both cylinders are good PSI, filter is clean, new tbap harness pig tail, new plugs and wires. slighty sooty on plugs cleaned twice. By the way meter is a Fluke true rms meter!

·
Registered
2016 Ranger Crew 900xp
12 Posts
How did you adjust the factory tps? I know it wants a certain base voltage then a specific voltage once you turn the adjustment. Did you use the factory wiring to supply power to adjust or did you have the plug in for a 9volt battery? Personally I like to adjust tps by feel but we have done a bunch of them.

We still don't need to rule out the injectors tho. Same problem we messed with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you adjust the factory tps? I know it wants a certain base voltage then a specific voltage once you turn the adjustment. Did you use the factory wiring to supply power to adjust or did you have the plug in for a 9volt battery? Personally I like to adjust tps by feel but we have done a bunch of them.

We still don't need to rule out the injectors tho. Same problem we messed with.
Factory power supply used automotive wiring Pierce tool to yellow wire of new improved conector, set to .568 Base and 667 ish For idle. Meter is highend fluke true RMS adjustment

·
Registered
2016 Ranger Crew 900xp
12 Posts
Yea you did it right. Still like to do it by feel bc each machine will like a different number. All based upon actual compression among other conditions within the engine. It does get using the ball park tho. I'd still say chineese injectors could be your issue

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea you did it right. Still like to do it by feel bc each machine will like a different number. All based upon actual compression among other conditions within the engine. It does get using the ball park tho. I'd still say chineese injectors could be your issue
Yeah you're probably right. How do you adjust by feel just curious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts