PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 700 XP..while loading it on the trailer in low gear i heard a pop and then it would not pullin low range..high and reverse work fine....i pulled the trans and opened it up and found the low range gear had moved on the shaft. the gear is pressed on the shaft and it does not have any splines or keys to hold the gear inplace...had anyone seen this ...the parts are not avabale any more...i want to know if i can weld (TIG) the gear to the shaft of if yall have any ideas on how to fix this...here is a pic of the gear and shaft....its the gear at the top and it was moved to the right about 3/4 of an inch just outside of the gear it meshes with...the gear is back in place now but in afraid its gonna do this agin

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I've seen and dealt with a lot of tranny issues but have never seen this particular problem before.

I think you're on the right track of TIG'ing it in place. It wouldn't take anything more than a spot weld.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks .after talking to Polaris and finding out you cant get the parts this is the way im heading ...I will tig two small spots on the one side and try and get them even so maybe it won't be to much out of balance...but I heck the gars ant balanced from the factory...thanks yall just wanted to see if an one had seen this problem before I start welding on it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts