PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2011 800 ranger xp and have had plans to upgrade it continuously for my preferred type of riding. The only thing is I've hit a major stump. I cannot for the life of me find anyone that does ECU re-flashes for this year and engine size. :mad-new: I originally planned to go with an auto tuner only to find out the Power commander V that "fits" my machine doesn't really fit at all, it is meant for the rangers with the battery directly under the seat, not under the hood. So after doing a ton of research on other forums (and this one) I've pretty much come to a dead end. I understand it is not necessarily a need for this machine but to be honest I really want the extra top speed, higher rpms, and richer fuel to air ratio. Almost enough for me to turn around and sell it and get a used 900 if I can't find a solution lol(solely because of the amount of tunes and accessories that are still being made and sold for them, not even really because of their increased power at stock). If anyone has any ideas I am all ears as I have already ordered harnesses, a lift kit, spacers, and tires to be coming soon, I really want to build this machine up as opposed to turning around and restarting the process with another one. Thanks, and look forward to reading some of your responses.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2011 800 ranger xp and have had plans to upgrade it continuously for my preferred type of riding. The only thing is I've hit a major stump. I cannot for the life of me find anyone that does ECU re-flashes for this year and engine size.
I originally planned to go with an auto tuner only to find out the Power commander V that "fits" my machine doesn't really fit at all, it is meant for the rangers with the battery directly under the seat, not under the hood. So after doing a ton of research on other forums (and this one) I've pretty much come to a dead end. I understand it is not necessarily a need for this machine but to be honest I really want the extra top speed, higher rpms, and richer fuel to air ratio. Almost enough for me to turn around and sell it and get a used 900 if I can't find a solution lol(solely because of the amount of tunes and accessories that are still being made and sold for them, not even really because of their increased power at stock). If anyone has any ideas I am all ears as I have already ordered harnesses, a lift kit, spacers, and tires to be coming soon, I really want to build this machine up as opposed to turning around and restarting the process with another one. Thanks, and look forward to reading some of your responses.
Go with a Bikeman 800 powe and speed kit...
You get their clutching plus the power commander 5... It will be a way better machine than the stock ranger, it wil also run cooler because of the better fuel map...
Also, Move your voltage regulator from in front of the radiator to under the hood... That will make it run a few degrees cooler as well...

I did the 800 big bore after I blew my motor a few years ago... It was a huge upgrade over stock!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
The Power Commander and Auto Tune sold for the RZR-S 800 is what I originally bought and used for years. They are the exact same engine. Dyno Jet will tell you they aren't only because they have not verified it themselves. Back in 2011 or 12 Bikeman was very helpful when I purchased my Power Commander from them.

I can only assume the elements finally got the best of my Power Commander causing me to pull it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts