PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I put these on my 900 and seem to have a toe in effect on the rear... Should I adjust something? I would like to leave it stock as far as lift goes. Is that going to be possible running these?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Using those wheels (or any different wheel/tire combo for that matter) should have absolutely no effect on the toe.......but maybe the larger tires make it more noticeable.

Do you mean that the front tires are toed in at the rear (toed out at the front), or do you mean this issue is on the rear tires???

Running a true 28" tall tire is gonna be close with no lift. I think you're gonna find that it rubs at full turn during suspension travel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help.... I meant the back tires are toed in at the top it looks like... Slightly... / \

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
Thank you for your help.... I meant the back tires are toed in at the top it looks like... Slightly... / \
What you are describing is negative camber, this is normal. On the stock suspension there is no adjustment that can be made. There is a few degrees of negative camber designed into the bearing carrier on the rear suspension.
The purpose of this is to produce better traction (maximizes the tires contact patch) when cornering and along with the sway bar helps to minimize body roll.
Just changing the wheels and tires basically ( but there are some other variables that come into play) does not change this, but it does raise your center of gravity some.

I completely overlooked the fact that you were installing these with no lift.
As Jerry stated, you will have some rubbing issues without a lift of some kind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jerry is right you will rub in the front with no lift running 28's when maximizing turning and if you cross ditches or anything, I have only a 2" lift on mine with 28's, was very inexpensive and took about an hour to install, really just moves your shocks mounts out. I have had zero issues with it.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Jerry is right you will rub in the front with no lift running 28's when maximizing turning and if you cross ditches or anything, I have only a 2" lift on mine with 28's, was very inexpensive and took about an hour to install, really just moves your shocks mounts out. I have had zero issues with it.
His is a 900 and they will clear a slightly larger tire than the 800 would.....but he's still probably gonna rub a little at full turn with the suspension loaded (traveled up).

Greg is correct about the negative camber. For some reason, it appears to be a little more prevalent on the 900 than previous models.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If he is running a 900 will cranking the shocks up alleviate the rubbing problem without putting on a lift?

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
If he is running a 900 will cranking the shocks up alleviate the rubbing problem without putting on a lift?
That depends on which model 900 he purchased ( spring rates are different) and what extra weight ( accessories etc) he has added to the ranger and the offsets of the wheels he has purchased and the true diameter of the tire at its preferred PSI.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've noticed a lot of them that the camber is more noticeable than others on the rear. Larger tires will also magnify it. I'm running 28" MotoMTCs and they rub slightly in the front fenders, but haven't had any issues. No lift.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
That depends on which model 900 he purchased ( spring rates are different) and what extra weight ( accessories etc) he has added to the ranger and the offsets of the wheels he has purchased and the true diameter of the tire at its preferred PSI.
Yeap, there are more variables than most people think of. That's why you occasionally hear one member mention that a particular combo works for them, but the next guy says something different. I think it's safe to say that "IF" you have any rubbing, it would probably be minor with a true 28" tire. As mentioned above, there's a chance that a shock adjustment "could" resolve it without a lift, but it will be a close fit. I'd just drive it around a little and see if it rubs. If it does rub and it's more than you can live with, then try cranking up the shocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts