PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one and use it every day. It's used around a country place. Haul firewood, tools, etc with it. It can reach high speeds easily, so if your kids hotrod, they could get into trouble. It is hard to shift. The idle must be kept low if you are gonna shift at all. Gets hot in the cab in the summertime when the fan kicks on, but I have modified mine regarding that. It is a very useful workhorse around here. Good Luck, Pete

·
Registered
621 Posts
They are good little machines

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one and use it every day. It's used around a country place. Haul firewood, tools, etc with it. It can reach high speeds easily, so if your kids hotrod, they could get into trouble. It is hard to shift. The idle must be kept low if you are gonna shift at all. Gets hot in the cab in the summertime when the fan kicks on, but I have modified mine regarding that. It is a very useful workhorse around here. Good Luck, Pete
Can you tell me what you did for the heat under the seat.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm gonna guess he added some additonal heat shielding to the underside of the seat......

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to be answering so late, but just saw your question...........heat problem......I removed the mud shields on both sides of the front end on the inside of the tires. These shields funnel heat under the machine inside the bottom skid pan. Also, I reversed the rotation of the cooling fan so it pushes air thru the radiator to the front.
Hope this info helps....thanks
Pete

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't want to be " Nanny No ", but the Ranger 400s are not toys ; kids love "fun", lack judgement, thats not a good combo with a machine such as a Ranger. A throttle control would be a wise modification, and save a lot of grief . It is a great way to teach kids how to drive , but respect the dangers inherent in the combo of kids and machines. Your kids, 11 and 13, might have great judgement, but how about their friends ?
Just saying, keep 'em safe.
My 2014 Ranger 400 is a great all-around machine , very useful for work and play . It will hit 40mph + on the road, very simple and reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts