PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends,

I am very pleased with my 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium. This past weekend my buddy and I each loaded up our 11-year-old boys, a lot of camping gear, and we did a 165-mile loop through some of AZ's premier desert 4x4 trails. My buddy is driving in the videos; I filmed. We began in Mammoth, rode east into the mountains and conquered AZ's infamous Carpet Hill, continued east through some very rough/remote country to the Aravaipa wilderness, through Turkey Creek to Klondyke, then south all the way to Willcox. We crossed the I-10 and had lunch, then took Airport Road back west around the south end of the mountains to Cascabel Rd (also known as Redington Rd) and then followed it back north all the way to Mammoth. Took about 10 hrs. The first 25 miles took 5 hours. The Remaining 140 miles took 5 hours. I was thrilled to conquer Carpet Hill, and it lived up to its infamy, but we did Carpet Hill in the dark so I have no video of it. Overall I can say that I am very impressed and pleased with our 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium (SOHC). It has plenty of torque to chug along at low rpms and run up and over any obstacle. It's also quiet enough that we could visit as we went. The suspension was very happy loaded down like we were, and made for a nice ride combined with the SunF 28x10-14 tires at 11psi. This ride was awesome, and if any of you have questions about the route, I've done it so don't hesitate to ask questions. Here's the first of two videos from the ride.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will also say that this trip put all of these accessories to use that I've added to the machine. The Ricochet A-Arm guards took some serious hits. The SunF tires were perfect, providing good ride, awesome traction, added clearance, and peace of mind. The Tusk Teton beadlocks also gave me peace of mind, and they took a few hits. The roof is a no-brainer when you're out all day in the sun. The Rough Country 12" light bar made all the difference while we were trail riding in the dark the first night, getting through Carpet Hill and over Saddle Mountain. The WD Electronics turn signal kit was what we needed during the 140 miles of public roads/streets between Bonita to Willcox to Cascabel to Mammoth. The Maverick Advantage side mirrors gave great visibility of rear tires in the serious 4x4 stuff, as well as awesome traffic visibility. Kemimoto center mirror made it easy to see and check on the boys in the back seat. Just love how we have this machine set up.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Looks like great fun Southwest! On my dusty outings, I roll/fold my gear into a large tarp so all my gear is not wasted out with dust. Dust sure can get into everything...

Love the creek driving and the slow going technical stuff. Sure does add hours to the ride.
Enjoyable vids... keep it up! 👍

I took a friend out on a technical trail today, and he was amazed at how smooth and articulated our Ranger is on rough ground (crawling slowly).
Never spun a SunF tire either! I am running 11-12 psi also.

Reactions: Southwest ORV

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like great fun Southwest! On my dusty outings, I roll/fold my gear into a large tarp so all my gear is not wasted out with dust. Dust sure can get into everything...

Love the creek driving and the slow going technical stuff. Sure does add hours to the ride.
Enjoyable vids... keep it up! 👍

I took a friend out on a technical trail today, and he was amazed at how smooth and articulated our Ranger is on rough ground (crawling slowly).
Never spun a SunF tire either! I am running 11-12 psi also.
Thanks Max. And good idea - wrapping up the cargo with a tarp. I will remember that! Yes, this fine dust penetrates even the most confined reaches of my packs. I can honestly say my Ranger did better than I expected it to on this ride. And yes, these tires proved themselves during this ride.

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Another fun video Southwest. Keep on wheeling! Looks like your rig is working pretty well.

Reactions: Southwest ORV

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Plug! Nice little climb vid Southwest. Up here in the high desert PNW its becoming a layer of slime/clay/mud. I despise cleaning that after rides. Right now the snowplow is on my machine and low usage for awhile.
No motorcycles or bicycles either. Looking forward to spring!!...

If it was me... I would put a Marshall MotoArt 2 1/2" lift on your rig. It really only lifts it about 2". When wheeling loaded as you do, you would have a little more clearance. Its hardly noticeable really... But beneficial.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plug! Nice little climb vid Southwest. Up here in the high desert PNW its becoming a layer of slime/clay/mud. I despise cleaning that after rides. Right now the snowplow is on my machine and low usage for awhile.
No motorcycles or bicycles either. Looking forward to spring!!...

If it was me... I would put a Marshall MotoArt 2 1/2" lift on your rig. It really only lifts it about 2". When wheeling loaded as you do, you would have a little more clearance. Its hardly noticeable really... But beneficial.
I’ve got the MMA lift. Just need to install it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts