PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 18 ranger xp, with factory 12 inch steel rims. Guy in town has a set of 14 inch on big horns says there 29 inch tall. I believe my factory spec on my currently are 26 inch? Im thinking they bolt on...but is there clearence issues goinf from a razor xp to a ranger xp. one year diff too. Ive read some things about lift kits....but seems like each manufacturer states different capabilities of what size tire you can go too after the lift. some say 28.5 29. or 30

dont wanna get into a jack pot here. dealer was no help at all. any one do this.? my friend has a older northstar that came with factory 14 inch rims....before he even lifted it...so im thinking its doable....just not sure on a 14 inch razor xp rim ? thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
It’s not the rim size...12” or 14”. Bolt pattern is the same. It’s tire diameter and wheel backspacing/offset that matters. You may find that you need 1” wheel spacers which are cheap and work well. I have 1” spacers on rear and 2” up front with no issues. Without a lift you may find that you rub when full turn under suspension compression. Won’t know until you try ‘em. I installed a 3” Highlifter bracket lift and it wasn’t expensive and works great for me. Again...you may not need a lift as tires don’t generally run true to size anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you put longer studs when u used the spacers? i noticed when i put a different rim on this machine last summer to run roads...(12 inch) off an newer ranger the rears i had to ad a 1/4 in spacers so as the center caps would stay in place or the dust cap would poke them off. that alone took some threads off the studs...cant imagine going 1 or 2 inch and NOT goin with a longer stud.

·
Registered
198 Posts
did you put longer studs when u used the spacers? i noticed when i put a different rim on this machine last summer to run roads...(12 inch) off an newer ranger the rears i had to ad a 1/4 in spacers so as the center caps would stay in place or the dust cap would poke them off. that alone took some threads off the studs...cant imagine going 1 or 2 inch and NOT goin with a longer stud.
Wheel spacers are designed to bolt to your hubs with new lugnuts that come with spacers. They bolt on just like a wheel. The spacers then have 4 lug studs installed and that is now where you wheels bolt on👍!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheel spacers are designed to bolt to your hubs with new lugnuts that come with spacers. They bolt on just like a wheel. The spacers then have 4 lug studs installed and that is now where you wheels bolt on👍!
ok my bad.....i thought we were talking just a spacer that sat behind the wheel hub.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nope. Much stronger this way 👍.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already have the spacers. i paid for.......probably work if i just get longer studs too though....correct?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes. If yours just slide over studs. I got my one inch spacers on Amazon for around $35.00. Nice billet aluminum. May still want to go this route instead of installing longer studs. JMO

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya ...not real crazy about jetting out the wheels n tires out past the machine a bunch...we ride very very tight trails.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine dont stick out past the body. You are just spacing them out to clear fender wells and suspension parts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
DF3A0304-B903-4ED2-92D3-042CFA23C23E.jpeg

·
Registered
198 Posts
My tires are tucked in just inside my nerf bars

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
have a 18 ranger xp, with factory 12 inch steel rims. Guy in town has a set of 14 inch on big horns says there 29 inch tall. I believe my factory spec on my currently are 26 inch? Im thinking they bolt on...but is there clearence issues goinf from a razor xp to a ranger xp. one year diff too. Ive read some things about lift kits....but seems like each manufacturer states different capabilities of what size tire you can go too after the lift. some say 28.5 29. or 30

dont wanna get into a jack pot here. dealer was no help at all. any one do this.? my friend has a older northstar that came with factory 14 inch rims....before he even lifted it...so im thinking its doable....just not sure on a 14 inch razor xp rim ? thanks
I have a 2017 Ranger XP 900 with 2016 Razor wheels and 29inch Bighorn tires.I put 1.5" spacers on all four corners. The tires will rub a bit in the front, if you are turning and compress the springs. I do not have a lift kit. I may consider forward A-arms in the future, but probably not. I have had no real trouble with my set up and I have had the big tires for 2 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 Ranger XP 900 with 2016 Razor wheels and 29inch Bighorn tires.I put 1.5" spacers on all four corners. The tires will rub a bit in the front, if you are turning and compress the springs. I do not have a lift kit. I may consider forward A-arms in the future, but probably not. I have had no real trouble with my set up and I have had the big tires for 2 years.
Oh and you will have to have new longer narrower lug nuts. My lug nuts are automotive type. They all need a special key/socket to tighten/loosen. They came in a package of 20 at O'Reilly auto parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts