PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

170 Gets New Sneakers

24K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  mechalloy 
#1 ·
I finally got my hands on some wheel adapters for the front of the 170 which converts the factory 4-110 bolt pattern over to the Polaris 4-156 pattern (THANKS SUPER ATV). ITP came out with their SS112 sport wheels last year in smaller sizes for the sport quads however I learned that alot of sport quads run two different bolt patterns, 4-156 up front and 4-110 in the rear so something needed to be developed to run this setup on the 170.

I decided to go with the Super Grip Super Light tires. The tires have some decent lugs for digging and don't weigh alot like some tires. And as mentioned the wheels are the ITP SS112 Sport wheels.

I'm very pleased with the fit, clearance, some added ground clearance and not to mention they look pretty darn sharp! Oh, and no spacers needed, just bolt this package right up.

A big thank you to Super ATV for developing the adapters (will be on the market soon) and to Matt at ATVoutfitters for great prices, great service and super fast shipping!

The details,

Front Tires - 22x8x10
Rear Tires - 22x11x10

Wheels Fronts - 10x5
Wheels Rear - 10x8

I've got a couple other mods in mind for the 170 so stay tuned :D !

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, it's amazing how much better any vehicle looks with a nice set of wheels and tires. :D :D

#8 ·
That looks great, Brian! Cool pictures.

#11 ·
Chiefmorton said:
Thanks, it's amazing how much better any vehicle looks with a nice set of wheels and tires. :D :D
My thoughts exactly, that is why I have aftermarket wheels and tires on everything I own. It looks pretty cool and I am sure they have a blast cruising that thing around. It also looks like it is ready to tear up some turf. 8)

#12 ·
Great looking 170. The wheels really make it look nice.

#13 ·
Thanks guys! I enjoy having projects that the whole family can have fun with :D . The girls are looking foward to seeing everyone at Silver Lake, I think they kinda took a liking to Doug ever since he was here :D :D .

#15 ·
Chiefmorton said:
I finally got my hands on some wheel adapters for the front of the 170 which converts the factory 4-110 bolt pattern over to the Polaris 4-156 pattern (THANKS SUPER ATV).
I called Super ATV and was told they did not have these adapters, only 4-156 to 4-110. Do you have a part number? Who is the manufacturer or who did you talk to?

#16 ·
RACINRZR said:
Chiefmorton said:
I finally got my hands on some wheel adapters for the front of the 170 which converts the factory 4-110 bolt pattern over to the Polaris 4-156 pattern (THANKS SUPER ATV).
I called Super ATV and was told they did not have these adapters, only 4-156 to 4-110. Do you have a part number? Who is the manufacturer or who did you talk to?
Who did you talk to? The set I've got was the first prototype set that they made for me to try out. I was just down there this past Friday and showed them the pictures I posted here and told them that everything bolted up great. Harold the owner showed me drawings of the adapter where they were getting ready to start production since I gave them a green light on fitment. He even mentioned the possiblity of making some out of aluminum.

I would call down there and ask for Harold, explain to him you've seen pics of our RZR and obtained the information from me in my post and see if he can give you a time frame when they'll be availble.

#18 ·
The soft top for the little Rzr is really well made and attaches well. I've trailered it with it on on a 60 mile round trip and got up to 70 mph with no problems at all. I'll probably take it off for any long trips just to be on the safe side but even then I really think it would be fine.

#19 ·
ok thanks. i dont know if i am getting the factory one or maybe have someone make one out of diamond plate and style it like the ones thats the guys at factory utv is making on there 170 in the photos. it has a fliped up edege to make it look sporty. where can i get those tires at ? who sells them ?i just want a black bead lock whel with those tires. you said you did or didnt end up useing wheel spacers /

#20 ·
I purchase all my tire and wheel combos from Matt at Atvoutfitters one of our sponsors. Matt is great to deal with and has great prices. You will need the front wheel adapters from superatv if you decide to run these wheels. I know their working on getting these adapters on the market as we speak.

#22 ·
I've seen those doors and they are very nice looking. I'm not sure if i'm going to go with doors or not. I think they would be a great addition to the 170 and might end up adding them some day, time will tell.

#24 ·
Hey Chief,

How do the new tires compare with the old tires now you had them on for a while? How is the gearing, acceleration, top speed, with the new tires? Could you go bigger? Any more pics? My son is leaning toward the 170 and I wouild want to get the tire upgrade, looking at the new big wheel kit.

Thanks!

#25 ·
Hey mechalloy. we have the 23 inch big horns 2.0 on 12 inch wheels.that are lighter then the reg big horns and they are great. we really dont see any HP loss. Most kids dont weigh enough to make a diffrence.
we also put wheel spacers front and back that really help widen it and make more stable for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.