PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed both Battery Minder OBD-48 48v desulfators on the EV LSV today. I could have mounted the control boxes somewhere on the dash but space was very limited. As they are waterproof I decided to mount them in the battery compartment.

I did not use the control box screw eyelets but instead used the supplied 2 sided Velcro adhesive strips. I affixed both units to the right hand side (back) of the controller.

I connected the rear (left in pic) unit to the drivers side bank of 4 batteries and the front (right in pic) unit to the passenger side bank....so each unit will handle its own bank of 4 batteries connected in series. Both units tested and read the battery condition function on their own before I reconnected the main power plug. Both units have an in-line 10A fuse. NOTE: the sync cord coming from the bottom of both units is dead ended as it is only applicable to certain Battery Minder chargers.

After reconnecting the main power plug both units started functioning when I plugged in the Delta-q (notice the green blinking light on the rear unit). There were no problems with all the units working together. These units will automatically desulfate the batteries when the Delta-q is charging.

IMG-20141208-00190.jpg

OBD_48__06147_1405389673_1280_1280.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this information DJ. I've seen it no where else.
Are you still happy with the two ODB-48s?
Did you just hook one minder up to a single battery on one side and the other up to a single battery on the other side?
Would you tell me if your battery wiring looks the same as on my 2010 model?
BatteryWiring-small.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts