PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rigid 10 inch on my bad boy buggy and it is incredible but a friend just installed a 20 inch light bar from amazon at 69$ and he said he researched them and they r all the same, coming from china with the same bulbs, cree according to him.

I looked up the 20 in h rigid and it is 800$ vs 69$, they cant be the same like he saiys but not sure what is different or better. He says 'paying for name brand'

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I thought Rigid was made in the USA but on a quick glance at their website could not find the claim, so not sure on that, although they say they have a manufacturing plant in Arizona. Seems if they made all their lights there they would really be touting it. Now as far as bang for your buck, I say the Chinese stuff is where it's at in LED lighting, although all are not the same. The Rigids and a few other name brand lights are top of the heap but come at a cost. I personally don't think the cost justifies the end result. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I agree with Larry on this. No doubt Rigid, Vision X, and a few others are top notch light bars, but they were some of the early adopters and, most probably, their prices reflect a lot of "name recognition." But, like with other successful products, someone (read, the Chinese) will find a way to enter the market at a lower price point. Now that the prices have come down, many of us can now afford the longer light bars (usually from China). Very seldom (if ever!) do you read about the Chinese lights failing - for most of us, the fit our needs very well!

If my livelihood or life depended on the best, most reliable light bar (e.g. a Border Patrol Agent), I might insist on a Rigid (thank you, Mr. American Taxpayer!) but for our recreational and farm-type work, the imported knockoffs have proven themselves up to the task. We all wish they were made here, but that train left the station years ago!

As far as 20", $69 light bar, not me... yet - gonna need to see a lot more long term reviews!

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
694 Posts
I put one of these on my Ranger. Its a 24" (really 20") LED lightbar from Amazon for $89.

Amazon.com: Masione 24" Flood Spot Combo Beam-3W LED-120W-9000 Lumen Waterproof Off Road Led Light Bar Work Light 4WD UTE, For Jeep Cabin, Boat, SUV, Truck, Car, ATV: Automotive

Its been on my Ranger since July. Numerous trailerings up to the deer lease at 65mph +, many hours of riding and including some in rain and mud. It works perfect today, just as when I installed it.

The mfg name is MASIONE. I put it side by side all my buddies rigs. One has a rigid, one has whatever comes on the PROBOX top, and one has an identical lightbar that he also bought off of Amazon, but for $280. Guess what... no difference. The light quality and output per length of bar is identical.

I'm considering this a good deal at this point. Even if the life is much shorter than that of a RIGID, at this low of a price I could afford to replace one every year and still not touch that price of a RIGID.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I paid 500.00 for my 40 inch cree but only 129.00 for my 32 incher both just as bright as one another of course the 40 is a little more light both are good quality isee nothing wrong with the cheaper ones work fine for me JM2CW T&S t&s 091.jpg

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have four Rigid Industries LED light bars in 6" and 10" lengths. Two are on my truck and two are now on my Ranger. The light output is impressive, the quality is top notch and the Rigid Industries package (wiring, switch, mount cradle) is very nice. That said, I need a light for looking behind my Ranger and I doubt that I'll spend the money for a Rigid Industries product. It's just too expensive given where I plan to use it.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This topic could be beat to death ALL day, all year..im tellin ya. LOL Here's my suggestion..Buy a Cheap one, use it and enjoy it...if you have problems Or need another by chance, buy a GOOD name brand one...see if ya can notice a difference. Can i notice a difference?...No i Cannot. Would i spend 300 bucks on a "name brand?" Nope, cuz ive seen Tons of "cheap-o's" in action, they're all great IMO!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well, it was pretty simple for me...take a chance on $129.99, 40" Cree and enjoy the night rides I have been missing, OR, not have the $400.00 big name brand 40" Cree and stay home after dark!
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here in thinking $400 is just too much to pay for a big name, I just can't justify that kind of money when the difference in the cheap and expensive seems to be SO minimal or non-existent and there are SOOOO many other toys I want to add to my Ranger!
I did do a bit of research in the various lighting available, bought from a US based importer with a LOT of good reviews, through Amazon and paid with PayPal so I had options if I had issues with the product!

Cheers

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have purchased several off-brand light bars off eBay imported from China and they seem to be just as bright as a friend's Rigid. I'm getting ready to order more lights for Christmas presents! Bottom line, I would recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts