PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Still guessing that 5 sec power is filling the bowl. Switch is a good start. PDM needs sense AC input to deliver VDC output to hr meter and fuel pump. Freaking computers....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amen and this is one of the simpler ones yet. I like to get a wiring schematic on one long page big enough to follow. Hard to trace things when on two pages and can't print out the enlarged page. Gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r.:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put the new ignition switch in this morning. That was not fun trying to put the switch in a hole you can't see because there is a radio mounted right above the switch. Radio would not come out either. Take those special tools that ever thief has but a normal person don't. Got the two side tabs bent out from under the hood but it still would not come out. Will check it out later when it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got the ranger out this morning. First time since putting the new switch in. Drove it about 100 yds, shut it off. 20 min later it started right up and drove about 30 yds - died. Key off right back on to start and it fired. Another 10 yds and died. Off start and fired. Did this three times before it back to the garage. Ignition switch did not solve the dieing issue. Guess I go with a new fuel pump next.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You may want to put a volt meter on the pump and rev it in neutral till it dies. If still 12v, likely the pump.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts